Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive and Delete jobs in PI 7.4 Single stack

amankumarmangla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have read several discussions and support documents regarding the archive and delete jobs but could not get any concrete information regarding my requirement.

I know that, for Single stack PI, these jobs needs to be created at 'Configuration and Monitoring' -> 'Adapter Engine' -> 'Background Job Processing Monitor'. I have created a message restart job at this very location and the same is working perfectly fine. I am having issues in configuring an Archive and a Delete job. Below is given the specific requirement:

Suppose today is 10th Sep., then all messages up to 6th Sep. should get Archived (using the archive job) and all messages up to 3rd Sep. should be deleted (using the delete job). These jobs should run once every 10 days. So for 20th Sep., all messages up to 16th Sep. should be archived and all messages up to 13th Sep. should be deleted.

I request your kind guidance on this.

Many thanks,

Aman Kumar Mangla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Did you find any solution? I am also confused with the same, please let me know if it clear to you.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

If you are talking about Archive deletion we need to wait for SPS13 JAVA which will be delivered with SPS15 ABAP in May 2016. As a work around you can delete the archive collections from Hierarchy of Java Archiving Cockpit. Every time a job runs a archive collection will be created with the date of Job Run. just delete the required collections so that the free space in the file system will be increasing. i have tested it on my Unix file system and then started using this work around.

Regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

I have configured all the required settings right from the destination creation to home path maintenance in the java archiving cockpit. I ran the archive job but I am not able to see any archive sessions. can you help here please. Do I need to set any retention period for the messages as I can see there is no retention period set. Do I need to create a new archive job or can I use the default archive job which is already in the system and change the conditions for this. how did you do in your case? please advise:

Regards,

Bala

Message was edited by: Bala Gandham

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

You need to schedule a new archive job, default one will not work.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

you are right. The default archive job works only in case of messages which are edited in the message editor. The normal messages which are not edited will not be archived with the default job. so i was running a new job as well as the default job.

Regards,

Bala.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Can you refer the below blog and see if it helps you.

amankumarmangla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already gone through this blog and have a query regarding the same. Let us assume that I have configured XMLDAS and messages are getting archived successfully, then how to delete the messages from that particular folder at regular intervals. I do not want to keep these archived messages forever in the database.

Thanks,

Aman

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

You need to set retention period in JAVA System Properties for that . You may refer below steps -

1) NWA-->Configuration-->Infrastructure -->Java System Properties

2) Go to Services tab, and type XPI and select – XPI Adapter: XI

3) Type “persist” in Properties filter

4) Set Retention period in miliseconds and save

Thanks,

Apu

amankumarmangla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Apu,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not able to understand that how this retention period will fulfil my requirement.

Currently, the default value for the parameter mentioned by you is set as 86400000 in the system. What will happen post this duration? Will the message be archived or deleted? If archived, then when will it be deleted?

Requesting further inputs from your end.

Thanks,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aman ,

the duration of 86400000 msec is equal to 24 hours or 1 day.

That means that whenever the job that you have scheduled in NWA will run then it will delete all the successful messages which are 1 day old. You can increase this msec parameter according to your need.

For e.g. in our case we have kept the msec parameter as 604800000 and we are running the job daily. So every time the job runs it deleted the messages that are 1 week old.

Thanks.

amankumarmangla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Thanks a ton for the clarification.

I have tried setting various values for this parameter but its not behaving as you mentioned. For trial purpose, I kept the value of parameters xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default and xiadapter.outbound.persistDuration.default as 1000 and manually executed the 'Delete' job.

As per logic, this should have deleted all the messages that are atleast 1 second old, but it did not. I am still able to see 2 day older messages (along with their respective payloads) in the message monitoring.

In the delete job, I have not defined 'Delete-Non-Final' parameter. Am I missing some configuration somewhere?

Requesting your kindly guidance.

Thanks,

Aman

jonvaughan
Explorer
0 Kudos

The archive job will delete anything that has been archived.