cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One sales order type behaving like both Credit Memo/ Debit Memo at the same time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all, I am busy investigating if it is possible to configure one sales order type which will behave like a credit memo and debit memo at the same time depending on user scenario.

Scenario we are trying to set up is when there is an invoice correction, client needs to declare to taxman the variance in the form of a voucher of correction for the respective transaction. We need to create one order type which will either result in a Credit Note or Debit Note depending on upward or downward revision of price of the material at a particular point in time.

I want to check if anyone had similar scenario implemented in SAP before. Any guidance regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Nithin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not feasible with one document type. The document types (such as Order, CR request, etc.) are pre-set in SAP and there is actually some ABAP code in standard SAP based on those types. So credit can only behave as credit and debit as debit.

Other than TW's link I can only suggest a custom program that will then call BAPI to create different documents according to the user entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Jelena for sharing your thoughts. That's exactly what I thought as well, but needed a second/ third opinion.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nithin - good to hear it was helpful. If your question has been answered then kindly close the discussion - see this blog.

Thank you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anita_patil3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin;

In my opinion you can create a Invoice correction request with reference to invoice and enter the correction amount positive or negative.

Accordingly system would raise debit or credit memo.

I hope this would solve your problem.

Regards;

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Avinash for your thoughts, it is helpful and we have a solution now.

Best regards

Nithin

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW, thank you very much for sharing the relevant link. But the proposed solution as per this link talks about creating separate document types at order level to manage credit and debit scenarios.

I am investigating if one document type can cater to both the requirements instead of managing credit and debit scenarios with different order types. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Nithin

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nithin,

The business requirement is to "correct" the amount given to customer, in case the price of material changes etc. The invoice correction request fits your requirement perfectly.

One order type RK will handle both credit and debit, depending upon if the net value is positive or negative, this will come from credit line item value minus debit line item value.

Glynn C Williams explains it "the difference between the two would then be automatically passed on to billing as either a credit or debit memo." So one one document type will handle both credit and debit corrections. Moreover, this is standard SAP and no need for any development.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much TW.

I prototyped with solution Jelena advised and it seems to work correctly. I will need a ZRK to apply certain enhancements on the sales order screen to meet specific business requirements. I also need to control the output relevant for this Invoice correction sales order to determine whether it results in a credit note or debit note.