cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SySAM floating licenses timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is the behaviour of SySAM license server with one floating (concurrent) PD license, when the client (PD application) loses connection to the license server? Network error, laptot taken out of the network connectivity with running PowerDesigner, etc.

I suppose, that PD stays up and running until the user shuts it down (new start of PD won`t be allowed), but I am more interested in the behaviour of license server. What is the period of inactivity, after which is the license "returned" automatically? Is there any legal way, how to do this return manually to avoid waiting for the timeout?

Thanks,

Ondrej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_marques2
Explorer
0 Kudos

The "return" of a license to the pool is governed by the TIMEOUT/TIMEOUTALL parameters of a SYSAM Options file.  I believe the default value is one hour (3600s), but I'm not sure.  If you want to change it, you have to create an option file and define the value for one or both parameters above.

About to manually returning a license, there's a utility to do it. So I guess it is legal

I never tried but you will find it on your  SYSAM installation dir:

lmremove Releases a hung license to the pool of free licenses.

lmremove

The lmremove utility allows you to remove a single user’s license for a specified feature. If the

application is active, it re-checks out the license shortly after it is freed by lmremove.

Usage is:

lmremove [-c license_file_list] feature user user_host display

or

lmremove [-c license_file_list] -h feature server_host port handle

I tried to post the whole syntax but it just doesn't work. Just google "sysam lmremove" and you will find the docs describing the parameters.

Regards,

Eduardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

thanks for the advice. I will try the lmremove.

Regards,

Ondrej

Answers (0)