Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPO as a source to load in to infocube

anil_babu13
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have one SPO which is having 4 infocubes as partitions with data available. Now, my requirement is to load data from this SPO to one infocube, i created one transformation & one delta DTP from SPO to infocube. my question is, is this one delta DTP enough to load all 4 partitions data as a whole to load in to target infocube or need to create 4 DTP's from each partition to target infocube?

Any inputs reg this.

regards,

anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I suggest to create a single (centralized) Transformation from the Outbound InfoSource of the SPO to the InfoCube and 4 DTPs (i.e. a single DTP per PartProvider) if you want to extract from every PartProvider.

Best regards,

Sander

anil_babu13
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Thanks for the response. what happen if i use one transformation & one dtp instead of 4 dtp's per part provider, is that wont work or it would give wrong results.

Could you elaborate your point please.

regards,

anil

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

My recommendation is using one DTP for every data transfer:

• DTP from PartProvider 1 to InfoCube;
  • DTP from PartProvider 2 to InfoCube;
  • DTP from PartProvider 3 to InfoCube;
  • DTP from PartProvider 4 to InfoCube.

This is in line with the standard way-of-working: one DTP from a persistent source InfoProvider to a persistent target InfoProvider.

SPO cannot be considered as a persistent InfoProvider, it only acts as a modeling container and provides a template. SPO generates one or more PartProviders based on the template. Therefore I suggest to create 4 separate DTPs.

It also gives you maximum control, e.g. to define a delta loading mechanism per DTP.

Last but not least, I wonder if only one DTP is going to work OK. To be honest, I never tried it but I have my doubts. E.g. how will you be able to handle the deltas?

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cardoso
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Creating one Transformation/DTP between SPO (SPO itself, not partitions ending with 01, 02... ) will be enough.

A single transformation/DTP for each partition is only necessary when data from others partitions are not necessary.

You can also check:

Using Semantic Partitioning - Modeling - SAP Library

Common Issues Related to Semantically Partitioned Obejcts - SPO - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse -...

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

If you have created transformation from SPO, then one DTP is enough. If you want to load from partition infocubes you need to create separate transformations and DTPs from each of them, this will be useful if you want to load from not all of them but only few like 1 or 2 partitions.