Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Recording over a period of time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding QM in procurement.

I have a requirement, where client inspects raw materials over a period of time and has to move the material from quality stock to unrestricted stock over a period of time, (say 1 month).

As per my understanding and the configurations done by me, after GR an inspection lot is generated. This inspection lot has the quantity copied from GR, say the quantity is 100pc.

Today I want to do result recording for 10pc and move to unrestricted stock.

Next day, i want to result recording for another 10pc. and so on.

Can I accomplish this with single inspection lot generated from the GR.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You can post the quantity out of QI all at once or partially to meet up the requirement.

Just make sure you don't close the inspection lot before you post all the quantity out of QI (say over a month).

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

System doesnt give an option to record results for lesser quantity. For example, I inspected 10pc today and another 10pc next day. How can I record this during result recording.

Correct me if i am wrong.

• Movement of stock is done through Usage Decision.

• Is there any way to track the quantity inspected from the inspection lot level( Results Recording screen)
busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Q1: The inspection lot created due to GR form PurOrd, is a stock relevant process. Hence for this case, stock posting will be linked to UD.

Q2: You can do GR multiple times for 10 PC each time and you will get 10 individual inspection lots (100 PC total,10 PC per lot, total 10 lots). Then make UD against each Lots and can track separately. This is the better tracking mechanism, as individually "Unrestricted" and "Blocked" UD's can be tracked.

Otherwise, assuggested, please do not close the inspection lot by putting UD. Keep it open and manually move materials form QI to unrestricted stock. In the background, MvT 321 will be posted, though the UD is still not done. For the last inspection lot for 10 PC, make the UD = A.

Thanks,

Arijit

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I've got you correct, you are not only looking for posting the partial quantities but also need a separate set of result every time. In other words, you'll enter 10 different sets of results for each lets' say 10 EA lot (of total inspection lot quantity 100EA).

To achieve this, you can go for Inspection points. If you're not aware of the inspection points, you can refer this document and follow the steps

1. Movement of stock  and UD are two different operations and doesn't depend on each other. You can always choose to prefer one over other. However, it is standard and recommended practice to complete the stock posting once you enter the UD. But again, not following this doesn't harm in anyway since lot of business process need an alternate way.

2. I didn't get your second question. Do you mean to look for tracking the partially posted quantity with respect to set of results? Then actually its a NO. However you can develop customized reports to find the relevant inspection point and stock transfer made in a certain order but that won't be always helpful.

NJ