cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result not recording after lot creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is related to my previous question .

now inspection lot is getting created automaticaly but when we record the result against the lot, error is coming Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot 010000000462.

i already created an inspection plan for the material.  what i m missing now???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Please can you do a basic search in SCN using the syntax "characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot in sap" and you will surely get some pointers, as this is quite a common issue, many of us faces, which is well described in many threads.

To provide a quick heads up, please can you check the below inputs -

a) What is the system status for your newly created inspection lots? Is it "CRTD CHCR SPRQ ORRQ" or "REL CALC"? If this is having the 1st status, please release the lot/calculate samples in QA02 => Calculate samples => Save.

b) Check the usage of the task list assigned if that is correct or not.

For your inputs, here are some discussion threads -

Characteristic results cannot be recorded for i... | SCN

Characteristics results cannot be recorded for ... | SCN

Thanks to all original contributors for the above threads!!

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will apolgize for my "good mood" comment.  I probably should have just left that off my reply.

Please remember that we constantly get questions that are poorly constructed and are clearly from people who have done no basic searches of the forum or attempted solutions to their issues in a sandbox enviornment.

We are happy to help newbies to QM but most of us do expect a certain amount of due diligence around any questions asked.  This includes reading the SAP Help files, reading field level help, (F1 key), and configuration documentation and doing a simple google search with some key words.

It is very frustrating when someone posts a question about a particular error message and yet has not used the error message number or part of the message text in a simple google search.  There are very few SAP error messages that don't have multiple threads about them somewhere.

We are also happy to provide functional design input as well as technical help.  But if you are going to ask us to help provide a solution, we like to hear what your current thougths for a solution are. Don't simply post what is obviously a list of user requirements and expect us to design it all for you. Chances are one of us has already done the design somewhere.  If you have a particularly interesting or difficult requirement you'll probably get a lot of suggestions and inputs.  The folks here enjoy a challenging problem.

Many, if not most of the regulars, (see the top ten contributors on the QM main page), contributing here make their living working in QM and have worked hard and many, many years to gain their knowledge.  They all should get at least a modicum of respect and appreciation for their contributions here.  Very, very few of the QM regular contributors are SAP employees.  The least people can do is craft good questions and appreciate the inputs given.  Keep in mind that no one here has to help you.

Moderator - Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

As the request is still flagged as "Not Answered" please can you confirm if there is any further progress here or still there is some issues? If so, please share your inputs.

Like Craig and Nitin suggested, I fully agree with their thoughts. While I answered to your query, I also had to inform the moderator about this thread following RoE, as apparently basic search done was missing form the requestor!! So, not only Nitin or I, there would definitely many active consultants reported this this thread as a violation of rules of engagement (RoE) someone should follow here. For your information, here are those rules for your information - 

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18590

http://scn.sap.com/community/about/blog/2013/11/26/important-rules-of-engagement-updated

Hence Craig had really no choice but to put a remainder to you, though he actually had a choice of blocking/deleting this thread itself. So in all respect we should thank him for still keeping this thread alive and assisting you in whatever ways possible.

Please be advised that we are not criticizing you at all here, or neither is the intention for anyone to do so. So be assured, no one form the forum has any had feelings about this particular thread here and honestly, you also should not keep any hard feelings. Rather, you should try to explore SCN forum at it's best and help yourself.

All consultants' endeavor is to provide the requestor with a positive & refined feedback. If you had clearly provided your findings on your initial research, then anyone trying to help you should eliminate those previous tried possibilities and share more refined thoughts, and repetitions could have been avoided. Then it's going to be a better feedback for you only to do only specific things, and not roam around the world trying too many things. We are all here to help each other and develop the knowledge base for the sake of the rest. It's a great knowledge sharing platform many of us uses every day to help each other and hence it should follow some golden rules to maintain sanctity of the forum. Hope you understand all our concerns here.

We encourage you and everyone to share their issues, and be assured that we all will try our best to help you, whatever ways possible.

Many thanks once again guys. Keep Searching, Keep Posted, All the best!!

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search for your issues FIRST.

There are numerous threads on this issue as Arigit pointed out.

Your posting was reported for abuse.  I deceided to let it through this time.  I probably shouldn't have, but I'm in a good mood today surprisingly.

And BTW:  Check that in the materials inspection type setup, the indicator "insp. Characteristics" is ticked on.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Craig

I am not fool that without searching before i post this problem here...

i have tried everything from SCN & still its not working thats why i posted here.

And BTW: If you dont wanna answer, than dont . i dont need ur good mood to get my answer

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not the one that reported your question for abuse.  But I have to deal with it after it has been.

Your message was actually reported by multiple people.

It's already been pointed out that there are several threads related to your query and Arijit has been kind enough to post a few for you.

Your previous question before had also been reported as well by several members.  That was left go with no comment.

When you post in the future, please provide some indication that you've researched when you post.  It's helpful if you mention what settings you've tried, some better details around the issue.  In this case maybe just us knowing the actual inspection type you are using would be helpful.  Maybe a screen shot of the inspection type settings you are using.  Some of the little basic things that should be in any good question.  Not a two sentence question that expects us to read your mind.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'Posting before search' and 'asking basic question' comes under violation of RoE of this community. I'm the one who had reported your query. Yes, Its his good mood otherwise this thread wouldn't be here by now. Rather he was in a better mood and that's why this thread is still not locked even.

The way you responded is not commendable at all. We all are volunteers here by choice and we assist each other all the time. I'm not sure about other forums but I've never seen such a language from seeker before on this forum.

You ain't paying anyone to resolve your issues. Moderation is tough task and it has got it own ways to be done.

As far as your query is concerned, did you search before asking? NO.

Arijit showed you few thread links, did you refer them? NO. Instead you preferred responding to your attitude.

And why should I go to your content, find your previous thread and then understand this question ??

You should tell us what has already been done. If I put your error and google it, it will return numerous links,

Did you do that? Did you check those links?

You cannot use this forum to get your work done. This is to assist you, after you are stuck with all the efforts. Better search, try those links and then if you are unable to proceed, post the query with maximum details.

I promise you a perfect solution from all the esteemed consultants here. Better the question content and your participation, earlier the solution you'll get.

All the Best!

NJ

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

in quality inspection plan you have to maintain the MIC(Master inspection characteristics)

then only system will allow you enter the inspection results

Regards,

Venkatesh