cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A column which shows measure values of three different bex dp's/query/reportnamess

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have three bex query's. After i merge my three serial numbers dimensions i will have a new object. we can expand it and see the three objects.

New Merged Serial Number
+ Serial from Q1
+ Serial from Q2

+ Serial from Q3

Drop the New Merged Serial Number into a table.

Now is what my problem is, Then drop any measure from Q1 into column next to the Dropped New Merged Serial Number in the table.

What iam in need i:

get value of other measures Q2, Q3  in same column where Q1 is dropped based on its data provider/qu...

So my end result will be having one column which shows measures of three different bex dp's/query/reportnames associated to its New Merged Serial Number into a table.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Dinya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member285534
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on ...

What iam in need i:

get value of other measures Q2, Q3  in same column where Q1 is dropped based on its data provider/qu...

... I'm understanding you need a new measure which, depending on some condition, will sometimes use measures from Q1, sometimes measures from Q2, and sometimes measures from Q3.

After you have merged on serial number and added the new merged dimension to the table, you can directly write in the 2nd column (or alternatively create a variable and then use it on the 2nd column) with an expression like

IF [Qx].[selector] = value1 THEN [Q1].[measure1] ELSEIF [Qx].[selector] = value2 THEN [Q2].[measure2] ELSE [Q3].[measure3]

That is, based on some criteria ("selector") the derived measure would make use of other measures from different queries.

Or... are you thinking of concatenating two or more variables values to show them in the same column?

An expression like that would look like

"Measure1 = " + [Q1].[measure1] + ".  Measure2 = " + [Q2].[measure2]

I'm not understanding well the purpose of querying the data provider/query name at runtime.  Could you explain?  Anyway this function might be helpful:

DataProvider( object )

It will return an string value with the name of the data provider which contains the object.

For example:

DataProvider( [measure2] ) will return "Q2"

DataProvider( [measure3] ) will return "Q3"

Best Regards,

Fernando