cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost center deactivated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have deactivated some cost center by changing validity date.

i.e From date is 01.04.2008 and To Date id 31.08.2015.

Also some cost center Locked from Cost center master Control Tab. i.e Ticked marked  all option of Control Tab.

Now While FI entry with any Tcode, e.g FB50, when i take help for Cost center entry, system showing deactivated cost center also.

After selecting cost center system gives error message.

So, system should show only valid / Activated cost center while taking Help of Cost center field.

How to do this to avoid confusion of selection wrong cost center.

Thanks & Regards

Swati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pavan_kumar18
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard SAP, we can't hide the deactivated cost centers from the selection list.

Once we lock the cost center for postings, system will not allow for postings even though the cost center is in selection list.

We can do one thing, we can provide a report of Active list of the cost centers in the KS13 report. by changing the layout and setting filter as per the requirement.

Following Layout only shows the active list of cost centers:

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally

Tiger_007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to use substitution for cost centers in this case. as per my knowledge you can only default values for users using T.Code; RPC0 for reporting not posting..

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

System will not hide deactivated cost centers as it is still in available in table CSKS. To get rid of user confusion, you can either delete cost center making balance null or ask developer to do enhance in table CSKS and hide cost center based on validity date.

Rahul

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as my knowledge that cost center is time dependent .. i mean by time dependent that if you are going to post to the deactivated cost center before the deactivation date , he will allow you to do so...

so don't worry from these deactivated cost center is there are still showed ups..

Regards

Mahmoud El Nady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Actually it is not question of worry but Inconveniency caused by user while entries.

e.g we had 20 cost center earlier and now 12 cost center deactivated. so while entries system showing all 20 cost center. Users are confused while selecting cost center from Help.

Instead of this system should display only 8 cost center in cost center help .