Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete flavor in Quality system in SAP Screen Persona

former_member193190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a flavor in Development system and transported to Quality system through Transport Request.

Now I want to delete that flavor in Quality system but don’t have access to “/PERSOS/ADMIN_UI” transaction in the quality system.

Is there any other way to delete the flavor in Quality system from Development system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

You can delete it through ABAP.

You can create an executable program that deletes the flavor from table /PERSOS/FLAVOR or you could directly delete it from the database.

1. Go to Transaction: SE11.

2. Enter table: /PERSOS/FLAVOR. Display. Ctrl+Shift+F10. F8/Execute.

3. Select the flavor you wish to delete.

4. Type /h in the transaction launcher, press Enter twice.

5. Double click on 'Code'. In edit mode, change 'SHOW' to 'DELE'.

6. Press F8. On the top bar, click on 'Delete'.

7. Click 'Back' (F3). Refresh the table (F5).

Preferably, ask an ABAP'er to do this.

Edit: Like Chinthan said, I don't think it's possible to do this in Development and then transport. The steps above are for Quality/Production.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It is unlikely that someone who cannot get FULL_EDIT_ACCESS for Personas or /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI access would be authorized to use SE11 or SE16, let alone making debug changes in the QA or Production system.

If that's the case, then the security setup of that system is seriously lacking

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I agree. He could probably consult an ABAP'er to do it for him.

former_member193190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Thanks for your input but the problem here is in quality neither we will be given access to "/PERSOS/ADMIN_ROLE" nor the "FULL_EDIT_ACCESS" because as per the client process this is not allowed.So in this scenario I want to know how I can delete the duplicate flavors in the quality system using the transport mechanism from the development system.

Please let us know the options available to do this.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Flavor delete on source system is not captured in TR, so it is not possible to delete with transport mechanism.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In addition to what Chinthan said: if you cannot get the Personas admin role, you should still be able to delete the flavor from within the Personas UI as long as you are the owner of the flavor and have FULL_EDIT_ACCESS permission for Personas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

But this way the flavor is not visible in Personas but it is still visible in admin_ui, isn't it? Thx.

Br,

Dong

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No, you have the option to not only delete it from your assigned flavors but to completely remove it from the DB as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is true in the original system (ie develop system), but would it work on imported system (quality system)? I cannot remember exactly, but seems there are different behaviors. Thx for your input. 🙂

Dong 

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might be missing /PERSOS/ADMIN_ROLE to your user. Add that and then you will be able to access admin ui.

Thanks

Chinthan