cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP system Log "ERROR: Connect to SID failed (20150907190227, Connection failed (RTE:[89006] System call 'connect' failed, rc=111:Connection refused"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to perform SAINT/SPAM Update from version 7.40/0057 to version 7.40/0058 on SAP NW 7.40 system running with HANA Database.

I am struck with TP system log "ERROR: Connect to SID failed (20150907190227, Connection failed (RTE:[89006] System call 'connect' failed, rc=111:Connection refused".

Any ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Our issue got resolved after maintaining the missing DB connection paramaters in Secure Store.

Thank you for sharing your ideas.

Best regards,

Sreenu

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

If you share "missing DB connection paramaters in Secure Store" then it would be great.

Thanks,

Mofizur

harshadchaudhar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu,

Can you please give us detail information about the solution? I am also facing same issue.

Which connection parameter have to store into secure store?

and procedure for it?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you aren't providing sufficient information, we can only guess here.

But let me join:

You didn't configure hdbuserstore properly, I guess.

And no, it's not my fault, if this guess is wrong.

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

You can try to connect issue below command in SAP CI as sidadm.

hdbsql -n <HDB_server>:5**15 -u SYSTEM -p <password>

Check your hdbuserstore entry. SAP connects using the HDBUSERSTORE entry named 'default'.

See what below comand returns..

hdbuserstore list

Thanks,

Mofizur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly make sure all server's and service are up and running.

Pl log in with hdbadm and hit command hdb info, you will get all server status for same..!!!

Regard's

0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu,

As I can see, you had your system up and running when you were trying to update SUM.
Its only after you restarted it because tp was giving error, that your system doesn't come up.

Please provide the following details

1) Is your system single or distributed

2) Has there been any recent change you did on the system, like Kernel upgrade or something

3) Its okay if you can not share the trans.log but did you see any error in the log (Please paste it here)

4) Output of R3trans -x

5) Also please check in you filesystem if the directories have enough space.

Regards,

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

At first, SAP System was running fine. When I got struck with TP error during the SAINT/SPAM Update from version 7.40/0057 to version 7.40/0058, I restarted both the DB and SAP systems running on same linux server. HANA DB was Up but SAP system start services with sapcontrol command says "started OK" when I click on SAP GUI, I get the error like "partner 'XXXXXXX' not reached", error text "WSAECONNREFUSED: Connnection refused".

It is single system and no recent updates. But, we have latest kernel. Trans.log error "ERROR: Connect to SID failed (20150907175519, Connection failed (RTE:[89006] System call 'connect' failed, rc=111:Connection refused))."

Output of R3trans -x:

This is R3trans version 6.25 (release 742 - 09.07.15 - 20:15:07).

unicode enabled version

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = HDB                              ---  SERVER = '' PORT = ''"

R3trans finished (0012).

And also, our filesystems are having enough space.

For further information, please let me know!

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Can you Stop your sapstartsrv services & delete all .sapstream files from /tmp. And restart the Services using SAPcontrol.

And see if your able to connect to the system.

Regards,

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check TMS RFC connection is working or not and check database should be archive log mode while you are getting R3trans -d error.

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to the SAP KBA this could be the issue in your scenario

HANA indexserver cannot be reached using SQL due to service unavailability (incorrect hostname/port, database stopped, blocking firewall)

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check if your

1) HANA DB is Up or not

2) Port is open on HANA DB for your SAP Application Server.

Use telnet <HANA DB Host name> 3<HANA DB InstanceNo><port>

If telnet does not give you blank screen then there may be port issue.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahman,

HANA DB is Up.  I get telnet result as "connect to address XX.XXX.XXX.XXX Connection refused". But i don' think it is port issue. We're running HANA DB and SAP Application Server on same Linux Server.

Any other ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu,

Please stop and start your SAP instance along with HANA DB.Then Retry.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahaman,

Thank you for your quick response. I tried to restart the SAP instance and also HANA Database. Database was Up but SAP system is not Up. I give command startsap r3, i get the output:

Checking HDB Database

Database is not available via R3trans

-------------------------------------------

Database HDB must be started first

Database already started which I see also GREEN in HANA Studio. We have also latest Kernel, I don't think we must have latest TP from Marketplace.

Any other ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Can you try to do R3trans -d and paste the output here.

Also do Verify you DBHOST parameter in DEFAULT & Instance profile. If not added add them and try to start the System back.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

execute the command "sapcontrol -nr <Systemnumber> -host <myhostname> -prot NI_HTTP -function Start" and see if the instance starts up.

Regards,
Shanthosh

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

As Rama suggested please provide the output of "R3trans -d" here.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thank you for your Hint.

Please find below the output for R3trans -d:

unicode enabled version

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = HDB                              ---  SERVER = '' PORT = ''"

R3trans finished (0012).

I also added DBHOST parameter both in DEFAULT and INSTANCE profiles. But i still get the same error.

Any other ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthosh,

Thank you for your Hint. No use, i get the same issue even after running the command "sapcontrol -nr <Systemnumber> -host <myhostname> -prot NI_HTTP -function Start". But, result says:

Start

OK

Any other ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mofizur,

Here it is,

unicode enabled version

R3trans finished (0012).

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Please share trans.log output as well. Please ensure DB is up and running.

Thanks ,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Sorry, i can't share company private data but i see the error from trans log as

"ERROR: Connect to SID failed (20150907175519, Connection failed (RTE:[89006] System call 'connect' failed, rc=111:Connection refused))."

I assume that, we can resolve it, if we know what things has to be checked for the connection between SAP system and its HANA database?

Do you have any idea on this?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu,

Sorry, I can't corner the issue without complete logs however could you please check the below SAP KBA and do the quick validation against the recommendations

1828028 - DBCON connection to remote HANA database cannot be established

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Entire log file shows the same issue.

Sorry, I don't see any helpful information in your suggested Note. Static server showing lot of issues in trace file. And also user “_SYS_STATISTICS“ deactivated. Just now, I noticed “_SYS_REPO” also deactivated.

Any other ideas, please?

Best regards,

Sreenu.