cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWNCTOTAL is not collecting data and ending with short dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please find the below error and dump I am getting for each execution of SWNCTOTAL .

The dump is getting that it is exporting 2 Gb of DATA but getting the error. Is there any way to eliminate the dump by doing any work around.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarkar

I think your sap system kernel level low, you may need to upgrade the kernel

Kindly refer the SAP Note - 1950062 - EXPORT of more than 2GB: EXPORT_TOO_MUCH_DATA

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your reply.

But currently we are in 721ext /332 PL , where the SAP note is not applicable for us .

Then why there was no issue . The issue we are facing from last week onwards. So can there be other way to reduce the data or any other way ?

Thanks

Biswajit.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you made any changes in system?   Or if possible upgrade the latest kernek 7.22 and check.

The same.

Is it possible to share dump as text format attachment?

BR

SS

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Biswajit,

this is a known issue with the workload collector for the total statistics in a big system. This correction was released for the workload collector:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2059569

the workload collector will not terminate with the memory dump, but some aggregates in the total statistics will remain incomplete.

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

I have checked that SAP Note provided by you as well. But that is not applicable for my release.

So I have done something like scheduled a JOB with SWNCTOTALT program which is collecting the aggregate for 1 hour interval.

Thanks

Biswajit.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Biswajit,

which basis support package level has the affected system?

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Basis package is 701/SP06

Thanks

Biswa

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Biswajit,

thank you for the info. In this release you can compress the data as described in the note 1110822. You can check the number of entries in the table SWNCMONI, which of the profile is the biggest one and start to compress this profile first. After the compression you will see the data as described in KBA 2093522, this KBA suggest also some other possibilities how to reduce the amount of data.

The other possibility would be to uncheck the aggregation of some profiles in ST03 completely, for these profiles no total statistics will be calculated. In the memory dump you should find, at which profile SWNCTOTAL terminates, and uncheck the aggregation of this profile.

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

The problem has been resolved by following the instruction of SAP Note : 1110822.

you have to schedule one job which resolves the issue for the problematic profile.

Thanks all.

Biswajit. 

Answers (0)