cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP 6.0 EHP7 with MAX DB on SUSE Linux 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to install ERP 6.0 EHP7 with MAX DB on SUSE Linux 12, first thing when i checked in PAM it is only showing SUSE Linux 11. No where it was mentioned for SUSE Linux 12.

Kindly let me know is SUSE Linux 12 is supported or not.

Regards,

Sreedhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are planning to support MaxDB on SUSE 12, but testing is still in process, so this will take some more time...

I have to correct myself - according to SAP PAM availability matrix, SLES 12 has already been validated for MaxDB 7.9 on x86_64 (since 30.07.2014).
We have had a problem latetely setting up an internal system (missing library), therefore I thought it was still in testing phase, but since it has been officially released via PAM, you should be good to go with it...

ok, one more edit (sorry for the confusion): you are correct, although MaxDB 7.9 has been validated for SLES 12, but unfortunately there has been no release in combination with EHP7, which you intend to using...

Regards,
Thorsten

Message was edited by: Thorsten Zielke

Message was edited by: Thorsten Zielke

balazs_takacs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Torsten, hello Sreedhar,

I'm already tracking this case in the SAP incident that Sreedhar openeded at SAP.

The validation of EHP 7 for ERP 6.0 with MaxDB seams not to be finished yet.

Regards Balázs

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Check out SAP note 1984787 - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 12: Installation notes

Suse Linux 12 is support for ERP 6.0 EHP7. But looks like only DB2 and Oracle 12c is supported.

The same information is available in PAM.

Regards,

Deepak Kori