cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue processing with skipped failed messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a JMS to IDOC scenario where PI is sending IDOCs to SAP CRM system. CRM team is saying  that they are getting

"Business partner XXXXX is currently locked by you" error

as they are receiving multiple IDOCs at the same moment for updating same record. So if one of the IDOCs is trying to update the record, other IDOCs are getting locked.

I have gone through lot articles on SCN and obviously it needs queue processing so that IDOCs get processed one by one in sequence not simultaneously, thus avoiding locking issue.

I enabled queue processing in my IDOC channel. It reduced count of failed IDOCs in CRM but still there were failures due to same issue. Then I enabled EOIO in JMS channel. It worked perfectly the only problem is, I am receiving nearly 2000 messages per hour. so if one message fails it wont let next message pass through untill I clear it from queue in SMQ2 or resolve the issue and reprocess it. So if I forget to keep an eye on it for merely an hour I see 1000 messages stuck in my queue.

Here is what I want, I want messages to be processed with QoS as EOIO way and still skipping failed messages, so at the end of an hour I have to deal with only 3 4 failed messages and not to worry about messages getting stuck.

Can you please suggest a solution to this or any other work around?

P.S. - Running a job in CRM in regular time intervals to reprocess the failed IDOCs is not an option here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

I would like to suggest you to follow the different methods mentioned in the below blog to resolve your issue. This would lead you to permanent resolution of your queues issue.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> so at the end of an hour I have to deal with only 3 4 failed messages and not to worry about messages getting stuck.

First of all, I don't think it's a correct approach becoz u could actually end up updating the latest record in CRM with the old entry when u try to reprocess some failed message from PI.

Secondly, this is how EOIO works, so either enable alert mechanism in PI for the stuck entries and do reactive monitoring or run a job in CRM.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava