cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade questions(Afaria7 SP5 HF13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is the first time I am upgrading our Afaria environment, below are the few questions I have.

Our environment Afaria Server, Package Server, Afaria Database, Administrator, Self Service Portal, Enrollment Server, CA Server & AD, Afaria Relay Server, Proxy for SSP in different machines(virtual) individually.

And we are on "Afaria 7 SP4 hot fix 09" and we are considering to upgrade to  SP5 HF13.

1) Do we have to consider any other dependencies like devices etc.. before we upgrade? we only have ios devices, so no need to think of blackberry devices or policies.

2) And we have to download the SP5 first and install it on the following server(Server, AdminUI, AfariaServiceHost, iPhoneServer, PackageServer, EUSSP)?

3) What about the rest of the servers we have like CA Server & AD, Afaria Relay Server, Proxy for SSP we do not have to install the update or the fix?

3) ISAPI_x64 which I believe for exchange account, we don't configure exchange in our devices so I believe its not necessary?

4) First we install the SP5 and then we install the HF13 on it?

Please also let me know the sequence on installing the SP on the servers.

I did went through the links http://help.sap.com/DowInload/Multimedia/zip-afaria/SP5_Upgrading.pdf

KBA # 2178846

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2015/07/31/what-are-the-requirements-for-afaria-mobile-secu...

But still I need answers to the above questions.

Regards,

RR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

volker_saier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Please find the answers to your questions below:

1. If you only have iOS devices, there is no need to think about any other device dependencies like Blackberry.

2. Yes, you have to start with SP5 before you install HF13.

a) Start with Afaria Server

b) AfariaServiceHost

c) Afaria Admin

d) iPhoneServer

e) PackageServer

f) EUSSP

3. Please be aware of the changes on CA server in SP5 regarding CRL and CDP. See KBA # 2073302.

We recommend to upgrade Relay Server to version 16, which is part of SP5.

3. ISAPI_x64 is not necessary to install, if you do not use Access Control with Exchange.

4. Yes, please install SP5 first and then HF13.

Regards

Volker Saier

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks for the information.

If I raise a incident with SAP will they be able to help me to get the Afaria environment upgraded?

Regards,

RR