cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - aggregated object for aggregation!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm getting the following error in my web dynpro component. I have tried changing the cardinality of the context nodes to something other than 1:1 as suggested but that's not helped. Also every time I try to open the view with the offending UI Element I get an ABAP dump.

The UI Element "TRANSPARENT_CONTAINER" does not have an aggregated object for aggregation "LAYOUT". Since the aggregation here has a cardinality of 1:1, this is not permitted.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Is there anything inside the transparent container? If affirmative, check if those elements are following the same layout defined by the container.

This issue may be caused when you move some elements within containers with different layouts.
Also check if the layout property of the container is filled(not blank).

Regards,

Artur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Artur

Thanks for the suggestions. The problem with that is that when I attempt to load the view to check the UI elements/layout that's when I get the ABAP dump!

However, that ABAP dump is stating that 'Access using a 'ZERO' object reference is not possible.' which is a different issue to the syntax error when I check the Web Dynpro view!

I'm checking the context and supply functions to see if there is a problem there that is causing the zero object reference.

Cheers

Jon

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

If you need assistance analysing the dump, you may refer to the WDA wiki

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/t47SFw

Or if that doesn't help, ask away.

Cheers,

Artur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that Artur.

I still couldn't get to the bottom of it. I needed to change the UI elements on the layout but every time I tried it dumped. Nothing I tried resolved it so in order to progress the development I chose to delete and start again!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Jon

Answers (0)