cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM can't detect Java instance

0 Kudos
Sep 7, 2015 1:35:02 PM [Error]:                                                          com.sap.sdt.dsu.ui.SDTCommonGUIManager [Thread[ProcessWorker,5,main]]: The common ui roadmap id is: input-credentials
Sep 7, 2015 1:35:17 PM [Error]:                                            com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.sysinfo.InstanceInfoRetriever [Thread[ProcessWorker,5,main]]: retrievedInstancesList: [hostName: rb3xxxa0|ins

tanceNumber: 16|state: RUNNING|featuresList: MESSAGESERVER|ENQUE|instanceName: null|profilePath: null|sapLocalHost: null|startProfile: null|osUserName: null|isSCS: false|isInitiallyConnectedInstance: false|isCent

ralInstance: false

, hostName: rb3xxx0|instanceNumber: 15|state: RUNNING|featuresList: ABAP|J2EE|GATEWAY|MESSAGESERVER|ENQUE|ICMAN|IGS|instanceName: null|profilePath: null|sapLocalHost: null|startProfile: null|osUserName: null|isS

CS: false|isInitiallyConnectedInstance: false|isCentralInstance: false

]

Sep 7, 2015 1:35:18 PM [Error]:                                            com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.sysinfo.InstanceInfoRetriever [Thread[ProcessWorker,5,main]]: retrievedInstancesList: [hostName: rb3xsma0|ins

tanceNumber: 16|state: RUNNING|featuresList: MESSAGESERVER|ENQUE|instanceName: null|profilePath: null|sapLocalHost: null|startProfile: null|osUserName: null|isSCS: false|isInitiallyConnectedInstance: false|isCent

, hostName: rb3xxxx0|instanceNumber: 15|state: RUNNING|featuresList: ABAP|J2EE|GATEWAY|MESSAGESERVER|ENQUE|ICMAN|IGS|instanceName: null|profilePath: null|sapLocalHost: null|startProfile: null|osUserName: null|isS

]

Sep 7, 2015 1:37:34 PM [Error]:                                            com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.sysinfo.InstanceInfoRetriever [Thread[ProcessWorker,5,main]]: retrievedInstancesList: [hostName: rb3xxx0|ins

, hostName: rb3xxx0|instanceNumber: 15|state: RUNNING|featuresList: ABAP|J2EE|GATEWAY|MESSAGESERVER|ENQUE|ICMAN|IGS|instanceName: null|profilePath: null|sapLocalHost: null|startProfile: null|osUserName: null|isS

]

Sep 7, 2015 1:37:50 PM [Error]:                                                          com.sap.sdt.dsu.ui.SDTCommonGUIManager [Thread[ProcessWorker,5,main]]: The common ui roadmap id is: define-target
Sep 7, 2015 1:38:36 PM [Error]:                                                          com.sap.sdt.dsu.ui.SDTCommonGUIManager [Thread[ProcessWorker,5,main]]: The common ui roadmap id is: confirm-target
Sep 7, 2015 2:00:52 PM [Error]:                                                          com.sap.sdt.dsu.ui.SDTCommonGUIManager [Thread[ProcessWorker,5,main]]: The common ui roadmap id is: define-target
Sep 7, 2015 2:01:28 PM [Error]:                                                          com.sap.sdt.dsu.ui.SDTCommonGUIManager [Thread[ProcessWorker,5,main]]: The common ui roadmap id is: confirm-target

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

after start SUM.

I changed the sdtdsu.jnlp with virtual host name ,and it is working now.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hello Heng,

In distributed/High availability scenario, generally there are two nodes (Each having different hostnames) and a virtual hostname is provided and the installation is done on this.

It is mentioned in the profiles as SAPGLOBALHOSTS

But the profiles created will be with the name of physical hosts. which is the reason why SUM is not able to detect instance. Please check the KBA 2205531

This might be a long shot but worth a try

Hope this helps!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heng,

When you start the sum have you enter parameter javaonly?

Exmple

/SUM/STARTUP javaonly

Kind regards,

Piyawat

0 Kudos

I've try this ,not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heng,

Solution Manager only: SPS update of ABAP or Java stack independently is supported

By default, you update the ABAP and Java part of the SAP Solution Manager in one step using the Software Update Manager (SUM). If you want to independently update the ABAP or Java stack of a dual-stack Solution Manager system to the latest SPS, use SUM for updating the Java stack and transaction SPAM/SAINT for updating the ABAP stack. SUM supports this scenario for the Java stack but requires a special command on startup.
Detailed information is available in the Release Information Notes for SP Stacks of SAP Solution Manager, which are listed in SAP Note 1595736.

Ensure that you start sum at primary application server. Are you using latest SUM version?

Regards,

Piyawat

0 Kudos

Hello Heng,

As the logs suggest, SUM is not able to detect any of the instance. In your first reply's logs, everything is showing as null.

Can you tell me if you have a distributed cluster envirnment?
in such cases, we create our system on Virtual hostname whereas the Profiles will be named as the Physical hostnames.

Please Let me know if this is the scenario.

Thanks!

Amit

0 Kudos

yes, we are using distributed cluster environment ,what do you suggest?

anandkarthik_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please attach the SUM screenshot and the log file which throws the error.So  as to suggest you further.

Regards,
Anand.

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I guess providing an introduction to your scenario, and adding some words on what you did may increase the probability to receive helpful comments.

Regards, Boris

0 Kudos

I want to upgrade our soluman 7.1 to SP13, i had upgrade ABAP successfully.

but when i want to upgrade java stack ,it seem that it can't connecto java instance.

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It looks to me as if you did not use SUM to update the dual-stack, but updated the ABAP stack only, is that correct?

Regards, Boris

0 Kudos

yes, your are right. now i want to upgrade java stack ,it is not working

ankit_gupta32
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Heng,

Please check if sapcontrol is able to retrieve the service information for the running instances ?

sapcontrol -nr 16 -function GetProcessList

sapcontrol -nr 15 -function GetProcessList

Also check if the profile directory has only required profiles and nothing unwanted.

Regards,

Ankit

0 Kudos

sapcontrol -nr 16 -function GetProcessList

07.09.2015 14:26:54

GetProcessList

OK

name, description, dispstatus, textstatus, starttime, elapsedtime, pid

msg_server, MessageServer, GREEN, Running, 2015 09 07 10:29:41, 3:57:13, 7340178

sapcontrol -nr 15 -function GetProcessList

07.09.2015 14:27:26

GetProcessList

OK

name, description, dispstatus, textstatus, starttime, elapsedtime, pid

msg_server, MessageServer, GREEN, Running, 2015 09 07 10:29:41, 3:57:45, 11141168

disp+work, Dispatcher, GREEN, Running, Message Server connection ok, Dialog Queue time: 0.00 sec, AS Java: All processes running, 2015 09 07 10:29:41, 3:57:45, 19792020

igswd_mt, IGS Watchdog, GREEN, Running, 2015 09 07 10:29:41, 3:57:45, 21823548