cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

%FIELD.<attrname> in attribute SQL Query - needs save?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus.

I would like to create a UI task with some number of attributes (5 to be precise) that are to be selected from their individual "Drop down" lists. The contents of drop down lists should depend on the values already selected in other attributes on the same UI task (it's a basic org. structure - when You select company "A" then the list of departments is restricted according to the ones only existing in that company. Then goes the list of teams in department and positions in each team.)

Use of the "%FIELD.<attributename>%" in attribute's SQL Query seems to be perfect candidate to support implementing that.

However, from what I see so far, the "%FIELD.<Attributebame>%" can only refer to values that are already saved to Identity Center (I need to select Company, click SAVE, then open the UI task again, and only then the department list will be filtered. Then I need to pick department, click save again, in order to get the list of teams filtered etc..).

Is it, how it's supposed to be working or is there any option to make it truly dynamic, meaning that all values would be filtered immediately without the need to "save" after each value choice?

Help contents does not seem to be precise enough for me in this matter (even though it covers very similar example) hence my question.

Thank You in advance,

Darek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Darius,

Take a look at this link: IdM Thoughtplace: Linking pulldown attributes in NW IDM 7.1

Even though it's for 7.1, the process and logic still holds.  You can use this to validate if the functionality is still working.  It seems to be something that breaks every so often during Service Pack updates.  Don't exactly know why.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt.

Thank You very much for this article

Even though It's very simillar to what there is in the HELP it still solved my problem!

The key words are:

(...) but make sure presentation is set to SingleSelect. (...)

This is written in help as well, but for some reason - I missed it.

Now it works perfectly!

Thanks once again,

Darek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question - is it possible to make it work the same way on a "Advanced Search" UI Task?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darius,

Glad I was able to help.  This is an old piece of functionality that actually goes back to 7.0 and pre-SAP days.

I don't believe you can do this via the standard UI.  You might want to open a separate thread about doing this via the REST apis.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Matt.

I\m sure it can be done via REST apis. We. however, for now, need to stick to the standard UI.

Thanks again for Your help.

Darek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I've seen implemented (7.2 sp9) is a custom table structure hosting the needed hierarchy and it worked okay. All the list of value elements were stored in IdM but selectable run-time without having to save the actual IdM-entry.

regards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for Your quick answer.

That is also what I expected.

However, I am on 7.2 SP9 myself and it does not seem to work like that.

That is how it works in my case:

This is, what I see, when all attributes are empty:

As You can see, I only have the "drop down" list available for the first attribute which is not dependent on others (here is the select statement for this attribute:

Now, when I chose some value for the first attribute, I would expect the drop down option to show for the second attribute, but it's not as seen below:

Here is the select statement for the second attribute:

When I save the entry and reopen the UI Task, the drop down shows properly:

Is there something I should additionally do to make it work without SAVE?

Darek.