Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-trigger of Tag Notifications from PCo to MII

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured Tag Notifications in PCo version 15.0.0.1959. The tags are of BOOLEAN type with values either 0 or 1. I want the PCo to trigger notification messages only when Tag Value changes from 0 to 1 or from 1 to 0. For most of the tags, the process works fine. However, for certain tags the notifications get triggered twice for example:

If tag value is 1, a notification is received

If tag value is 1, another notification is received.

Is there any way I can eliminate duplication of notifications in PCo? Do I need to change any time related settings in PCo?

Thanks,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

1. Which version and SP of PCo?
  2. What the Trigger Type for the Notification: On True, While True, etc.
  3. What is the exact expression defined the Notification?

Regards, Steve

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Which version and SP of PCo?

15.0.0.1959 and SP 1 for windows

What the Trigger Type for the Notification: On True, While True, etc.

I am using ALWAYS with 2 expressions defined in OUTPUT tab.

What is the exact expression defined the Notification?

Expression1 "TAGNAME"

Expression2 if('TagName'==1,1,0)

The Tags are of Boolean type configured in TopServer. They can have values 0 or 1. Also, in my subscription Items, I have maintained Deadband as 0, Change Only Tag as "checked".

I want the PCo to send me notifications whenever the tag value changes from 0 to 1 or from 1 to 0.

Regards

Rajeev

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

The Always trigger type actually ignores the Trigger expression and will trigger a notification if any of the Output expression tags change.  If you really want to use a Boolean trigger for 1 and 0, use this (assume your Boolean tag is Boolean1):

• Trigger type: While True
  • Expression: (Boolean1==1) || (Boolean1==0)

1. When Boolean1 transitions from 0 to 1 the left half of the expression evaluates true
  2. When Boolean1 transitions from 1 to 0 the right half of the expression evaluates true.
  3. The expression is only evaluated when Boolean1 changes value.

If you want the notification to trigger ONLY after PCo Agent Instance starts, check the Changes Only box for the Boolean1 subscription tag. This will force PCo to ignore the initial value change of the Boolean tag and trigger the notification on the next value change.

Regards, Steve

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the advise. I will keep the trigger type as While True and update my expression accordingly. But, I still need to give the tag name as output and tag value as another output. So, in my output tab I will have it like-

Expression1-"TagName"

Expression2-'TagValue'

Will above config work? Also, if I have more than 1 tag, will the Expression be like-

(Boolean1==1) || (Boolean1==0)&&(Boolean2==1) || (Boolean2==0)?

Regards,

Rajeev