cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP RFC connections creation for SAPUI5 ?

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have followed the link Configuring the Landing Page - Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5) - SAP Library to configure SAPUI5 applications.

I have created 2 RFC's SAP_ECC_HumanResources, SAP_ERP_HumanResources of type ABAP connections. It's fine.

And i am having little confusion in this SAP_ECC_HumanResources_HTTP, SAP_ERP_HumanResources_HTTP of type HTTP Connections.

For these two HTTP connections, what properties we have to maintain in Technical Settings, Logon & Security tabs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any inputs ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

for host details i think ur IT team or basis person might help u on this chk below might help u :-

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know how to create RFC's in SM59. My dought is here for HTTP connections wat parameter values to be mentioned.

Host means, is it ECC system name or something different ? and wat needs to be mentioned in service no and Path prefix fields.

I have followed the link Configuring the Landing Page - Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5) - SAP Library to configure SAPUI5 applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not having access for me in my system i cannot place the screen shot of that here ....

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

we have this internally but typically, technical guides mention this?

read here

1864001 - Resolving of system alias for launchpad service

1820561 - Navigation is not working in Landing Page 1829703 - WDA MSS reporting dumps with UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

Thanks for your reply, in your first screen shot that Target Host name is ECC host or ?

and wat is the service no we have to mention.

I am having issue of accessing WDABAP application in UI5 role.

All UI5 applications are working fine. Only when i access WDABAP applications it's giving below error.

It's due to missing of those two HTTP RFC not created in ECC system. So i am trying to create it and struck wat are the values need to be mentioned. like ECC host or something different and Service no field value i have confused.

I followed this link Configuring the Landing Page - Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5) - SAP Library

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check the notes i shared it explains what needs to be set and yes it should be ECC HCM system connection type H

which release of HR renewal you are on? HR 1 FP4 has Leave request in UI5

as seen above your connection is not still correct. Please follow my screenshots/notes to correct it

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

Actually i am typing as lower case only, but after pressing enter it's automatically converting to upper case for this HTTP RFC.

Please see below screen shots.

ABAP Connection RFC's are not converted to upper. No issues.

But for HTTP RFC's having issues, automatically converting to upper case.

After pressing Enter key, shows information message.

Once clicked on Continue button, it's converting to upper case.

We are using EHP7,

EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0sap.comEHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0
SAP ERP2005sap.comSAP ERP 6.0
SAP NETWEAVER7.4sap.comSAP NETWEAVER 7.4
SAP HCM RENOVATION2.0sap.comHR RENEWAL 2.0
UI FOR EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0UI FOR EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0sap.comUI FOR EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0

EA-HRRXX6080015SAPK-60815INEAHRRXXSub component EA-HRRXX of EA-HR
former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Finally issue solved by doing change in ABAP RFC's connection.

Just created the ABAP RFC's SAP_ERP_HumanResources, SAP_ECC_HumanResources created in Upper case then all WDABAP applications started working from UI5 role.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

above notes mentions this hence i asked you to go through it, as its case sensitive and am glad its working now for you

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I followed this sap help and trying to create. http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias2_2014_02/helpdata/en/51/279e5199733220e10000000a423f68/content.htm?f...

In this they mentioned it's case sensitive. So i am trying to create in same way. but for HTTP it's converting automatically to upper case but in case of ABAP RFC's it's as we entered the text. So, little got confused and posted this thread.

So i just tried with all 4 as upper case, then all WDABAP app's started working.

Answers (0)