Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Code Management and UPL

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have couple of questions related to CCLM and UPL, I am on SolMan 7.1 SP12 :

For CCLM, is it necessary to activate UPL in all the three system (Dev, QA, PRD) or just PRD would suffice ?

With SolMan 7.1 SP12 UPL activation is part or SOLMAN_SETUP in CCLM activity, do we need to activate BW cubes and queries manually to view the UPL data in RSRT or is there a alternate way ?

Furthermore we also need to perform DVM setup in addition to CCLM setup, do we have to perform on all systems (Dev, QA & PRD) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

AD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ash

UPL should be activated in production only however if you feel there are lot of discripancies and changes are about to move in production (which is very rare case) then you can enable in development also.

Ideally all the cubes should be automatically get activated with solman_setup/manged setup.

Please find below useful guide for your reference

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0ccb387-4846-3210-e59c-b5e56d7e1...

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/sap/support/sapnotes/public/services/attachment.htm?iv_key=0120061532000...

Thanks

Rishav

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks for your reply.

Although the info cubes 0SM_UPL, 0SM_UPL_W, 0SM_UPL_M, 0SM_UPL_Y were activated in basic configuration, I am not able to find data stored in those cubes by Tx. RSRT however data is available in cubes which i activated manually:

0SM_CCL_UPL_CUSTOBJ_AGGR

0SM_CCL_UPL_MONTH

0SM_CCL_UPL_CUSTOB

0SM_CCL_UPL_OBJM

0SM_CCL_UPL_CUSTOBJ

0SM_CCL_UPL

I need to look deep!

Regards,

AD

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ash,

Make sure that both Cubes and queries at active.

if not follow below steps.

Step 1 activate cube

1. Start transaction code 'RSA1' in the Solution Manager System

2. Click on the button 'BI Content' on the left side

3. Navigate to SAP Solution Manager in 'Infoproviders by Info Area' (in the middle of the screen)

4. Navigate (open the sub tree) to 'SAP Solution Manager - Custom Code Lifecycle Management'

5. Click (on the upper right screen) on button "Grouping and select "in Dataflow before and

afterwards"

6. Drag and drop the green node "SAP Solution Manager - Custom Code Lifecycle Management" to

the right side and confirm the next screens.

7. Wait

8. Select on the right side the entry and click on "Install" with sub selection "Install"

9. Wait

10. Check the status - then the cube is ready to be filled

Step 2 activate queries

1. Start transaction code RSA1 (BW Setup)

2. Click on "BI content"

3. Click on "Object Types"

4. Navigate to "Query Elements" - "Query" - "Select Objects" Double Click

5. Navigate to "SAP Solution Manager - Custom Code Lifecycle Management"

6. Navigate to "UPL information"

7. Press F7 in the window to see the technical names, if they are not displayed

8. Select all queries listed above, by clicking on "Transfer"

9. Flag on the right side all entries and click on "Install" with subselection "Install"

10. Wait

11. Check the status - then the query is activated

12. The queries can be executed and checked via the transaction "RSRT".

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ash,

1)Activating UPL in all systems?...Based on my knowledge its better to activate in all three systems because ,Some some work centers like BPCA needs usage data.

2)The UPL activation is part of the configuration work center for Custom Code Management from SP>SP09 and make sure that you have latest vesion of ST-BCO component ST-BCO 11 or 12.

Use below link as reference:

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000427102012E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Great.What option should i choose capture all the configuration.

I am sure u performed before hetergenorous syscopy .Kindly guide for solman system syscopy.thank you very much. 

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

I am sorry if I sound rude, but this is not the appropriate way to get your concerns addressed. This is a discussion related to CCLM and we should not try to drift it off topic !

Please place your question/open a new discussion in relevant section of Solution Manager.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

AD

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AD,

I would say the queries are more from consulting/scenario relevant and has to be decided based upon your situation.

Technically you can activate for all 3 system dev, qua and prod but are you giong to use it in solution manager then only it is relevant.

for e.g. incase you want to build RBPD report for ERP Production then only Prd is fine but again depends upon your actual scenario...that is it allowed to activate anything directly in Production etc.

therefore I would suggest understand the requirement and functionality which is consuming UPL of your managed system and then decide based upon it.

this should help

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

i have smal query regarding solman could you give your email addres.appreciate your assistant.thanks

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

This is not as per forum policy but I would recommend you can paste your query here so that my reply can help others as well

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prakhar,Thx for reply i saw your update from previous topic

I am planning create sandbox my production solman .How do i get the entire solman config transported  from solman 7.1 production to new sandbox solmain 7.1 after fresh install.

Production solman:

DB:oracle 11g

New sandbox:

DB:oracle 11g

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

There are multiple ways of achieving it but incase where you have this new system installed and would like to copy then setup stms between them.

You can transport all the configuration via TR from one system to another so capture all the configuration and then transport to new system

this will not allow you to copy transaction data but configuration can be done this way

note you also need to create master date like Business partners etc in the new system.

hope this helps.

thanks

Prakhar

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar for your reply.

I understand what you are trying to say here, I wanted to make sure that I don't activate UPL which won't be used.

I believe it is same case with DVM ! How much CCLM is dependent on DVM activation ?

Regards,

AD

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AD

Yes you should only activate based upon the real life situation and whether the functionalities configured can actually consume it.

i hope you have below document(sp12 onwards setup guide for cclm)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0b26764-4846-3210-3087-edc1913ed...

You can check here for DVM and its integration and how much it is really required

its not the whole setup of DVM but related to Criticality setup (setp 😎

hope this helps further

Thanks

Prakhar