cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0: How many admin tcodes are there in Personas 3.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas 3.0 experts,

I was looking for a way to import flavors into Personas 3.0. Based one the knowledge of Personas 2.0 and some info on scn, I was using /personas/admin to import flavors, but did not find any "import" option in "Flavor Maintenance" group. Just by luck I saw the other tcode /personas/flavors which contains the "import" option.

Here are my questions:

Q1: Why is "import" feature made in such a way in separate admin tcodes in Personas 3.0? This is very confusing for users with two features both called "flavor maintenance", so when the document says go to "flavor maintenance", we don't know if it refers to /personas/admin or /personas/flavors.

Q2: Are there any more other admin tcodes like /personas/x for Personas 3.0 administration? It is not clearly stated in the admin doc, but just say "Flavor maintenance" which is confusing (see Q1).

Appreciate if someone can clarify these.

Br,

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

/PERSONAS/ADMIN is pretty much a unified entry into all maintenance functions that exist for Personas. The individual transactions are often for "mass maintenance' purposes, like /PERSONAS/FLAVORS or /PERSONAS/THEMES etc. The /PERSONAS/ADMIN transaction's main screen allows accessing objects on an individual basis (but the other, multiple selection functions are still available from there in the Goto menu).

If the documentation mentions "flavor maintenance" , then it doesn't matter whether you go there through the Admin transaction or the /PERSONAS/FLAVORS transaction. You end up in the same place after you made your selection.

Having separate transactions allows more granular authorization setup if necessary. Other than the standard delivered three roles, you can set up others that only allow access to certain objects or transactions, instead of granting access to the all-encompassing Admin transaction.

If you want to see the full list of existing Personas transactions, you can easily get that from SE93 and entering /PERSONAS/* as the TCode search criterion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Many thanks for the helpful clarifications, specially the last paragraph. I got it much clear now.

Set to answered.

Br,

Dong

Answers (0)