cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase performance of Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i am processing one file one large file and it is taking more time to process.

It is taking 3hrs to process. Can anyone please let me know how to decrease the processing time for the interface.

Thanks

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swetha,

Are you sure, this channel not configured in avilability time planning(ATP), if that so, its runs on that time.

i dont think processing will take 3hrs..if channel takes that much time then mostly that would be failed in PI.

however Inaki's post would be helpful to send data in chunks mode.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

What is your PI version?, depending of this you will can find any alternative. For example check this blog

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

my version is XI 7.0. we dont have chunk mode option here in file adapter. And we should avoidmessage splitting also.

Thanks

Swetha

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

How are the size of the files?. I think you have the only option to increase the memory of the PI or to install a decentral adapter engine to deal with these files.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

Increasing memory and installing decentral adapter will be done by Basis rite.

Thanks

Swetha

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Yes it will be done by the basis team. please refer the below links for the step by step procedure.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/03fd85cc-0201-0010-8ca4-a32a119a5...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10cf9746-e819-2c10-bd82-97bfbde82...

SAPTechnical.COM - Working with Decentralized J2EE Adapter Engine - Part 1

May i know the size of the file that you are processing?

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

My file size is nearly 62MB and we are using XI 7.0 version. Can you please help me how to increase the performance with these details.

Thanks

Swetha

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

you can try with the following options

1)

To implement the above solution and enable packaging in your PI systems, the patch level must be at least PI 7.0 SP12.

2) Recordsets per Message: 500   (just desired number)  to split the message in to multiple messages.

3) Set the tuning parameter in SXMB_ADM EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT   (specify message size here to handle        these kind of message in  a special queue)

4) Night Mare-Processing huge files in SAP XI | SCN

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhargava,

I am not using any FCC in my scenario. The first link which u have mentioned, will it work for 7.0 version? can u please confirm.

Thanks

Swetha

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Have you developed anything on the Integration Repository?. Confirm if you need any transformation, if you don't need any transformation you can develop your scenario without Integration Repository objects and you will have better performance.

Regards.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

We faced this issue in one of my earlier project and resolved it by using chunk mode feature.

It should work for SAP PI 7.0 as well. please try and let us know the status.

As said by Inaki if you are not converting anything [i.e Simple File to File] you can go for by-pass scenario.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

I need transformations and also we are using Java mapping here. it is not useful to develop the scenario without repository.

Thanks

Swetha