Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Reverse for goods return from customer

avinash_p1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Our client done billing for Quantity 10 and posted the accounting document then excise also captured like below Illustration.

Excise duty payable A/c    CR 100

Excise Duty paid A/c         DR 100  (it is correct)

Then customer returned goods for 2 Quantity for that return delivery done and accounting documents posted. But excise is not reversed.

for that when we use the J1IH transaction other adjustment, the excise accounting entries going wrong.

Actual reverse entry should be  Excise duty payable A/c    DR 20

Excise Duty paid A/c         CR 20

But when we try to post the document it is taking wrong way : Excise duty payable A/c  CR20

Excise Duty paid A/c       DR20

Not stopping there, when we proceed further, it is picking other GLs like below.

PLA BED             CR 20

Excise duty paid   DR 20  though we try to post the document the following error triggering.

No control parameters exists for actual postings in COAr 1500 and year 2015.

Message no. KM075

Diagnosis

You have not maintained control parameters for controlling area 1500 in year 2015.

Procedure

Maintain the necessary parameters in Customizing under Actual postings -> Control parameters.when we click on the same it's taking to menu path as below.

SPRO--> Profit Center Accounting--> Basic Settings--> Controlling Area Settings--> Activate Direct Postings--> Set Control Parameters for Actual Data.

Could you please let me know the reason for the above error.

Regards

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

If there is not enough balance in payable account, then system will pick PLA A/c. So check the balance for the account.

Regards,
Mukthar

avinash_p1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mukthar,

Thanks for your reply. please find the below screen shot of J2IUN. Balance is there for RG23A.

I'm trying to post the amount only for Rs. 6125 thru other adjustment. please give your further inputs

avinash_p1
Participant
0 Kudos

We observed with debugging that when the transaction is entered in J1IH other adjustment, it's picking T Type MRDY but when we try to post it's picking T type CEIV automatically. this was observed in debugging. Could you please let me know why this is taking place.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

When you cancel the excise invoice through J1IIN the system will pick ETT CEIV, so check the configuration for the transaction.

Regards,

Mukthar

avinash_p1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I'm finally proposing following procedure to my client.

Step-1: Actual entry at the time of billing:

Excise Duty Paid A/c  DR  100

Excise Duty paid A/c  CR   100

Step-2: Reverse thru J1IH (Additional Excise option)

BED Inputs A/c           DR 20

Cenvat Clearing A/c     CR  20

Step-3:  Adjustment entry thru FI:

Cenvat Clearing A/c       DR  20

Excise Duty Paid A/c     CR  20

J2IUN: Step 1 will be shown in liability, Step 2 will be shown in utilization hence the excess duty is nullified.

Step3 is to nullify the Clearing a/c & reduce the balance in expense a/c .

You may give any inputs may or let me know your views.

Regards

Avinash

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

It seems very lengthy. Why dont you try to do posting through J1IIN by selecting cancel excise invoice after done the configuration for CEIV.

Regards,

Mukthar