cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Database performance - API's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does SAP provides any API's to get the SAP DB performance counters? For example: Transaction code : ST04 gives database monitoring performance information, such as physical(/logical) reads, writes, busy waits etc. I would like to get this information through API's.

Can you please suggest on how do I retrieve the SAP Database performance metrics.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KayKa
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

what about the AWR-Reports from Oracle ?

You can get them directly via SQL*Plus from the database or via SAP with transaction st04 / Performance / Wait Event Analysis / Workload Reporting.

regards

Kay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kay.

Seems like the AWR is the way to go. We're exploring on those lines.

-Mahesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi,

I think (quite sure but I cannot check it now) that ST04 does direct calls to GV$ and DBA views

there is no special "API"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

I think so too.  There is some good info on these database performance metrics and it's corresponding view at the blow URL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/45/6609898fb16103e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

You can use Solution Manager Wily introscope to study the trend in database performance.

There are lot of blogs and documentation available on SCN on how to configure and use Wily for collecting performance statistics.

Regards,

Deepak Kori