cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC type to update Commodity code in SAP GTS Material master

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to update material master in SAP GTS.

What IDOC type should be used for updating the material master

Thanks in advance !

Akshaya Lalchandani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Following is the process.

We are planning to implement global trade management system called Amber Road wherein users will do classification of the material i.e. they will assign commodity code to the material.

Amber road will send xml file to Middleware called Biztalk & Biztalk will send idoc so that commodity code is updated for the material in the GTS.

As I understand that if there is any change in the material master in SAP ECC related to  global trade data will be updated to SAP GTS. So I expect that Middleware Biztalk to send idoc directly SAP ECC.

After ECC is updated SAP GTS will be updated automatically. Can you also please confirm if commodity code can be different according to plant for same material. Asking because this field is maintained at plant level.

So which Idoc can be used to update such data.

thomasrausch
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Akshaya,

if you use the transcation WE82 - Assign Messages for IDoc Type you find the following entries:

Message Type                 Basic type

/SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL MATMAS01 30A

/SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL MATMAS02 30D

/SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL MATMAS03 40A

/SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL MATMAS04 46C

/SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL MATMAS05 470

/SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL MATMASDI 46C

and with the Transaction WE30 - IDoc Type Development you can examine the Basic type.

But the standard procedure does not used this Idocs. The FM /SAPSLL/API_6850_SYNCH_MASS

transfers the material master data form ECC to GTS and us standard api6850 structures.

So, what do you want to do?

Regards,

Thomas

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshaya,

There is no standard iDoc for updating the GTS Material Master or classification.

Could you tell us more about what you are trying to do, and why?  Maybe we can help with other suggestions?...

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Following is the process.

We are planning to implement global trade management system called Amber Road wherein users will do classification of the material i.e. they will assign commodity code to the material.

Amber road will send xml file to Middleware called Biztalk & Biztalk will send idoc so that commodity code is updated for the material in the GTS.

As I understand that if there is any change in the material master in SAP ECC related to  global trade data will be updated to SAP GTS. So I expect that Middleware Biztalk to send idoc directly SAP ECC.

After ECC is updated SAP GTS will be updated automatically. Can you also please confirm if commodity code can be different according to plant for same material. Asking because this field is maintained at plant level.

So which Idoc can be used to update such data.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshaya,

The Commodity Code may be different for each country.

Since there is no "country" view of a Material in ECC, maintenance is at Plant level (table MARC).

In GTS, maintenance is at Legal Regulation level.

How does Amber Road work - what is the scope of classification there?  Per country, or according to some other idea?  Depending on that, the approach for transferring to the SAP systems may be different.

Regards,

Dave