cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I check if my transports are properly distributed on different domains?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in my client’s setup of systems are different transport domains used!

I understand it make sense to do so if we say one domain for ECC, one for CRM, one for SRM etc. but here do we have tree domains for ECC (one server for EMEA, one server for Americas and one server for Asia).

My problem is when I go to the development system can I not trust the transportation logs.

On development system could it say EMEA return code 0 and Americas return code 8 and Asia return code 0. But when I enter one of the production systems could the reported return codes be different from the return codes of the transports on the development system!

How do I - in a simple way check – if my transports are properly distributed without checking every single system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the systems are not properly distributed then when you lgoin into domain controller and when you execute STMS the initial screen itself will show your error information as long as your transport route configuration is incorrect.

Regards,
Shanthosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the prompt answer!

In TC STMS do I get this welcome message;

"You are logged onto the domain controller

The transport route configuration is inconsistent"

Is the conclusion then that I have to check all tree domain controllers to check if my transports are correctly imported?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the issue is related to TMS configuration your STMS itself will show the error and for any errors related to transport request then you got to check the import overview of that specific domain. If you like to view the transport log or move the transport package in a centralized manner then it is possible through transport domain link,

Configuring Links Between Transport Domains - Change and Transport System - SAP Library

>>I understand it make sense to do so if we say one domain for ECC, one for CRM, one for SRM etc. but here do we have tree domains for ECC (one server for EMEA, one server for Americas and one server for Asia).

As per my understanding each system which are involved in the transport route are configured as domain controller. having said that I believe development is domain controller for EMEA, QA is for Americas and PROD is for Asia. is that my understanding is correct??

>>On development system could it say EMEA return code 0 and Americas return code 8 and Asia return code 0. But when I enter one of the production systems could the reported return codes be different from the return codes of the transports on the development system!

technically it is possible, transport package being one unit but the environment which it is moved/transported are different.

Regards,
Shanthosh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its is possible to have multiple "delivery routes" for a landscape... so your focus should be on the error in TMS.

"The transport route configuration is inconsistent".... seems like some of your systems are not reachable/inconsistent, if you try to update the config you should see what systems are giving you trouble. Then take it from there.

Regards, Juan

Answers (0)