cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not start SAP HANA Cloud Connector Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to install the HANA cloud connector. I've used both the ZIP and MSI but none is working. Here's a screenshot of the error:

After right clicking the Start SAP Hana Connector shortcut and running as administrator, here's the output:

For the developer version, when I run go.bat, the command prompt closes automatically within 0.5 seconds

Here are the environment variables for your reference:

and the log file: scc_service

and ljs_trace

Has anyone encountered something like this before.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Raymond Mendoza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

could it be a problem with Java 8? The SCC at the moment is supported only for Java 6 and 7.

Can you give Java 7 a try? (You don't need to change the global JAVA_HOME environment variable, if other programs besides the SCC are using it. You can simply set JAVA_HOME in the go.bat file, when starting on the console, or you can change the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP HANA Cloud Connector 2.0\JavaHome", when starting the SCC as a Windows Service.)

If Java 7 doesn't work either, we need to take a closer look...

Best Regards, Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulrich.  I was able to run the connector after installing JDK7. Thanks a lot!

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich

How do I set JAVA_HOME in go.bat file

Regards

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Search for the line

rem Set JAVA_HOME in order to use different java than the default one on the system

and in the line below that enter something like

set JAVA_HOME=D:\sapjvm_7

(or whereever you installed/unzipped the JVM)

Best Regards, Ulrich

Answers (0)