Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Type Search in WM Wrongly Picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus in WM

when i am doing a Put Away system is wrongly Picking storage Type S14

I have created a Material with x101 and in Views Wh1

i maintained Storage type Indicators 001 for removal and Placement and as shown in below Pic

2. I have Maintained Storage type search for below Storage Types

WH1E00100S04S05S06S09S10S13S14

i have Maintained a Master data for the Material X101 with Warehosue 1 and Storage type S14 and Storage location 0001 and i am trying to create a Purchase Order with X101 and did Migo and TR Got Generated and now i am Doing TR based on TO here Problems comes

System is not  showing destination bin while doing a TO from TR and The Problem is system is Picking S04 and its Bin  but sytem should Pick S14 and its bin.

system should Pick S14 and its Bin why it is Picking S04 and it Bin.

Can you please help me where i have Done the Wrong Configuration

Storage Type S04, S05, S06, S09, S10, S13 and S14 have Same Storage type Indicators.

Regards

Sreedhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot for Every Body will look in to Suggestion and will act according to it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your configuration, system first search S04 and if all storage bins are full, then it propose S05..later 306.. .

if you want system to propose S14 first,please change settings as below.

WH1 E 001 0 0 S14 S04 S05 S06 S09 S10 S13

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with regard to extension of storage type it has no relation with search of the bin other then fixed bin. please refer my response in one of the earlier existing thread. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3792110 as suggested by Jurgen in your search strategy S04 is the first storage type hence system proposed the bin from the storage type S04. if you want bin from S14 then you need to change our search strategy accordingly but keep in mind that configuration is something which you are not going to change everyday hence have a careful thought and define the search accordingly.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System is using storage type S04 since it is the very first entry in the search list.

That you maintained a storage type view for S14 in the material master is not relevant for storage type search, this is needed for fixed bin strategy.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you can do in this situation is block your bins in SType S14, and then the system will fail to find a suitable bin for putaway.

Once you hit the error screen choose Environment => Storage Bin Search Log.
In this log, you will find the reason your strategy skipped every one of the previous storage types.

I guess there's some kind of problem in storage bin type / storage unit type config, or some other search sub-strategy which will limit your STypes to only S14.

Regards,
Mihailo