Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event to capture on click of "OK" in Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an input field with search help.

Used SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET method of IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO to bind the Search help values.

I need to perform some operation when the user clicks on "OK" of the search help.

I don't want to use OVS or write the code in WDMODIFYVIEW method.

Is there any possible way to handle this.

Version - SAP NetWeaver 7.3

Please help.

Regards,

Sujay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let know your requirement! If you need to perform some action after selecting value from the search help, you can use register_on_enter_for_f4( )method of view controller ( if you are on netweaver 7.4)

You can check this blog for reference: https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44817

If you are on lower versions, you can register events as mentioned in this blog: Firing a WDA event on using a Search Help - how to do it, without an NDA

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the response.

I need to create around 15 search helps in my application.

I have used VALUESET instead of creating OVS for each field.

Also i need to perform some validations when the user clicks on 'OK' in the search help.

Firing a WDA event for each search help would be complex.

Is there any other way to handle?

Regards,

Sujay.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also i need to perform some validations when the user clicks on 'OK' in the search help.

Firing a WDA event for each search help would be complex.

Is there any other way to handle?

As mentioned in my earlier response, if you are on NW 7.4, you have the provision to use register_on_enter_for_f4( )method for handling DDIC search helps.

If you need to perform some action immediately after selecting OK on search help (for DDIC help), then you need to register event. 

Or the easiest way is to use OVS.

I need to create around 15 search helps in my application.

I have used VALUESET instead of creating OVS for each field.

You don't need to create 15 OVS component usages. You can use single OVS and can handle multiple Input Helps.

If your concern is about creating multiple OVS event handlers, then you shouldn't be worried as you can handle multiple fields in single OVS. so you can go ahead with OVS to handle the same.

Check this blog for reference:

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran