cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Statistics Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one explain what is the difference between calculating statistics using DB13  with brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t all -f collect command.

What is the recommended tool for calculating Oracle statistics

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Muhammad Farooq Ali wrote:

Hi

Can any one explain what is the difference between calculating statistics using DB13  with brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t all -f collect command.

hi,

I'd recommend you to read the documentation.

the difference between the DB13 command and yours is the "-f collect"

this option indicate to BRCONNECT NOT TO check if statistics are needed and collect it for the tables specified (in your case all tables in the DB => "-t all")

This command should only be used sporadically. Please use only the one in DB13 to avoid unnecessary overhead.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1232
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...Muhammad Farooq Ali wrote:

Hi

0 Kudos

Hi Muhammand,

DB13 is a call to brtools

command_line                   brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t ALL

in other words it should be the same but with db13 you can schedule statistics easier.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not same.. When I run the statistics via DB13 it calculates the statistics for only few tabes while with Brtools command it calculates for all tables.

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding this issue/question, you can check the SAP Note below

588668 - "FAQ: Database statistics" (especially point 8, 12, 19 and 20)

Regards,

Bíborka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I already read this note its not relevant to my query

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use DB13 to schedule the corresponding statistics/brconnect run.

To obtain more information about how should statistics usually be created and about the collect option you can check the SAP Note  588668 - "FAQ: Database statistics" (especially point 12, 19 and 20)

Regards,

Bíborka