cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal Qty Issue during PO Creation ME21N

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a new PO for stock item with UOM "RL". But whenever I key in decimal qty (eg: 0.5), the qty disappears and there is error message saying

Enter Quantity

Message no.06070

But with the same UOM "RL" I manage to create Non Stock Item PO

What could be the problem here?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Kenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the decimal point rounding in CUNI for this UOM is with any value filled ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

no.. it is blank..

abumohammad_shoyeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Please attach your screen shot.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally unit of measures are Global in nature and not assigned to any kind of things and can be used for all occutaions . Please add a decimal place like 3 and let us know .For the UNIT as well for conversion .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. attached are the pictures of CUNI and ME21N when I issue the PO with RL UOM. But I just realized 1 thing. SAP will not give me the error message if at first I keyed in 1 pc (non decimal value) and then I change it to 0.5. Whereas if I directly key in as 0.05 it will give me error. It is confusing me.. Please help..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abumohammad_shoyeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your ISO Code "BG = BAG" cannot convert to standard measurement units. Please use ISO that can be Convertable or fill it blank in CUNI.

Please revert, if it is helpful.

Thanks.

abumohammad_shoyeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the configuration path : SPRO->SAP Netweaver->General Settings->Check Units of Measurement. or Tcode: CUNI and Please check the "Decimal Places"

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the decimal places field is blank. In fact I changed to 2 decimals but it still the same issue. Have tried to google it but can't find the answer yet.. please help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since its working fine with Text items, may be you should check at MMR level - the conversion if any / ordering unit etc.

pls. see that and update.

Thanks

NR

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please check the SAP note 698686 (BAPI_PO_CHANGE: Error 06 070 deleting an item) & 938653 (BAPI_PO_CREATE 1 : creation of locked item)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These both notes are related to BAPI and the scenarios (described in both notes) are total different. Hence there are no relation to this discussion.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is system accepting any other quantity (rounding quantity as like as 1) ?

What are the differences you are using during creation of stock item and non stock item ?

What is your CUNI settings for this unit of measure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes as long as not decimal value, it is fine. The different is for non stock item, there is no material number and Acct Ass. Cat. is filled with "X". The CUNI setting for Decimal places is blank.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First enter quantity as 1, then press enter. Then change the quantity as 0.50 and press enter.  System will accept it.

By the way, if you haven't allowed decimal places for unit of measure, then why you expect quantity with decimals. ?

System will accept this decimal places (although you haven't allowed this in CUNI) when you will enter it manually. (read this OSS note  931971 - Decimal places in stocks and stock postings )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yesss you are absolutely correct... I was wondering also why if I keyed in 1 then I changed to 0.5, it allows, but not allowed if directly I key in as 0.5. Any bugs in SAP?

Actually I tested to change the "Decimal places" in CUNI and it hit the same error. Just realized that I should maintain "Decimal pl. rounding" as well.. now my issue is solved.. Thanks a lot all