Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak Ephemeral Error on Chrome

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Has anyone faced the below error when launching the gateway cockpit/ Admin cockpit on Google Chrome.

Off lately this error has started to appear whereas it works fine in internet explorer

Thanks,

Rakshit Doshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Rakshit,

This started recently due to changes in Chrome and Firefox.  I wrote up a blog post about how to fix it and you can find it here.

--Bill

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i am also experiencing the same issue as Rakshit pointed out. Well, i followed steps mentioned in your blog and updated Cipher settings as below but still i see the same error even i have tried restarting server machine.

Regards,

JK

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm looking into it and will post an update later tonight.

--Bill

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The quickest fix is to just remove the TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA from the cihpers.  This removes the one google is complaining about. 

You can also add in the additional ones although I don't know which ones are really used / supported.

--Bill

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I went with ciphers="TLS_RAS_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA" and now able to login to Admin cockpit via chrome/FF. Thanks Bill for this work around.

Regards,

JK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here is an SAP note on this as well.  It lists a workaround that can be used with Firefox.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2192621

Regards,

Dan van Leeuwen