Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Orders in PPDS after Multilevel ATP

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

First, Thanks for your all continuous support in GATP/PPDS area.

I have observed one strange case in Planned Order creation after Multilevel ATP check.

Planned Orders creating in "PPDS Application " . Please refer below screen shot.

Client rising issue : planned order created with PPDS application, not firmed, and no ATP check. why  planned order not created  with Multi level ATP check application, firmed, scheduled, ATP check and confirmed ? Please clarify on this.

Could you please explain why planned order is not created in "MATP check application " .

Regards

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhkar

planned order getting firmed depends on your planning run , changes in order etc just refer below link which gives clear picture

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/4f/8e68f563b84063e10000000a421937/content.htm

confirmed realsed status it all depends on your production orders which you confirmed before quality inspection

scheduling status depend on your scheduling of orders and planning procedure .  

Note 456756 - R/3->APO: Scheduling status for  production orders

Regards

Virender

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virendar

Thanks for your response.

My question is that Why planned orders created in PPDS application, why it not created in MATP check application in above screen shot.

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhakar

In Multilevel ATP check, the check results are stored in the ATP tree structure. Receipt elements are only generated later when the ATP tree structure is converted in PP/DS. This allows to improve performance during the check. capacity availability and component availability can only be rough (on a daily basis) and not as detailed as in CTP (in seconds).

As long as no receipt elements exist, the ATP tree structure exists in the SAP APO database. Requirements at component level are represented as aggregated quantity assignments. The ATP tree structure and the aggregated quantity assignments are deleted or reduced directly after the conversion into receipt elements. Matp is used to  check availabilty  like CTP .Both will call PPDS to generate planned order in different ways .

MATP check is used in  industry areas in which a large part of the value-added activity arises at final assembly. The assemblies on the lower production levels have already been produced or procured before the sales order comes in, but final assembly is only initiated when the sales order arrives.

Example :PC Assembly .

Sales order can only be accepted when all required components are available. However, the configuration requested by the customer determines which components are needed specifically and this can only be checked at the time of sales order entry.

You can refer below link for better understanding

Multilevel ATP Check - Connection to Production - SAP Library

I hope it is clear now .

Regards

Virender.S

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Viru

But my question is related to the planned order creation application.

when planned order get firmed and in my case it is creating in PPDS application with no firm indicator but customer expecting planned order in MATP chek application with firm indicator.

How I can achieve this one. Where I can see firm settings in APO.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padam

You can define or increase your planning time  fence so that order will come in to this Horizon and system will activate PP firm indicator for those order.

Go through below link  there could be many reasons for getting firmed order

Firming Receipts - Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) - SAP Library

Regards

Virender

Answers (0)