Our client using development plan in talent management (we have activated all relevant business functions), i have gone trough so many threats and google search but still im not clear about it. Please, i need a clear understanding and below are my doubts.
01.where to create the development plane template? its in IMG (unter talent management Note) ? or this development plan will be created in the portal by TMS?
02. If its portal then do i want to do any config in the IMG ? (like how we are creating a template for the PMS)
Can anyone please provide me a clear way of creating development plan (talent management)? im confuse that whether i need to create a template (like PMS) for this as well or not.
Bobbi Oktinus Setiawan replied
first of all before you venture deeper into the talent management individual development technical part, please take a look on the following link for the concept of development plan:
also this is my post related to talent management individual development plan Question related to talent management Individual development
as for the configuration:
- create the development plan : SPRO > Talent Management and Talent Development > Talent Assessment > Define Forms for Talent Assessment
- create process grouping: SPRO > Talent Management and Talent Development > Talent Assessment > Create Process Groupings (this is only for talent assessment, individual development plan doesn't use the process grouping)
- assign your development plan template so it can be accessed in SAP portal: SPRO > Talent Management and Talent Development > Talent Assessment > Define Process Periods and Groupings
steps to access your development plan:
- please ask your basis team member to add Talent Management Specialist role into your portal
- once the role is set and assigned to your user ID, log in to sap portal > talent management specialist role > talent information > search your talent > click your talent and click development plan button.
before you perform talent search in portal, please make sure that the following checklist is done:
- TREX is ready
- area of responsibility for your user ID is maintained (use HRTMC_PPOM to maintain area of responsibility
hope this is help you