cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Team - dotted line relationships

former_member235589
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The 1508 video mentioned capability to handle “dotted line” relationships in the My Team structure.  How does this work?  I could not find documentation on this.  Can someone point me to the documentation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Building a dotted line relationship between Employees using "My Workforce"

This feature leverages a specific standard Employee to Employee Relationship, called supervising relationship to build up M:N hierarchy between employees.

A manager can supervise multiple employees.

An employee can work for multiple managers.

Maintaining this relationship:

Upload this relationship using the “Migration of Business Partner Relationships” activity in Business Configuration > Fine tuning activity.

You can also maintain these relationships manually using relationship tab on employee.

“My Workforce" in the filters

My workforce includes me (logged in employee) and all employees that work for me, recursively all the way. For example, if I supervise Kate, and Kate Supervise Mike. Then “My workforce” will include both John and Mike.

We have delivered a check box “My Workforce” in "All" query of Account, Opportunity, Lead, Activities, Quote etc. Using this check box you can define custom Queries like

• Accounts of my workforce
  • Opportunity of my workforce
  • Leads of my workforce
  • Appointments in my workforce.

And publish to all user using Adapt Master Layout.

“My Workforce" in the Reports as relative select

The same concept is also available in Reports. A new relative select has been added called “My Workforce”.

This relative select can be used in reports selections where you would like to filter let’s say opportunity of logged in user’s workforce.

New Restriction Rule to grant access to documents of “My Workforce”

When Defining Business Roles, you can use Restriction Rule “My workforce”. If you use this restriction rule employees in the workforce will be calculated and access to documents where they are involved will be given.

pushkar_ranjan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thank you for the detailed response

danny_lipkovski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

you wrote "My workforce includes me (logged in employee) and all employees that work for me, recursively all the way".

That means that I see all objects that I'm assigned to + all objects of all employees that work for me.
Does this also apply for the new restriction rule "6 - My Workfoece". Because in our tests I have just access to objects of employees that work for me but not to objects that I'm assigned to.
This doesn't make sense to me.

Regards

Danny

Answers (0)