Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP7 upgrade - Error in START_SHDI_SHD2: RFC_LOGON_FAILURE

sudarsancnaraya
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am upgrading an ERP 6.0 system to EHP7 and currently facing an issue in the START_SHDI_SHD2 phase. The shadow system is up and running, and I am able to login. But the RFC login to it fails with a short dump in SAPMSSY1 which mentions, "DYNPRO_NOT_FOUND".

When I checked in st22, the error is "You are trying to use screen 3004 in program "SAPMSSY1". This screen does not exist."

The current kernel is 742, I tried changing the kernels patch levels , and also tried downgrading it to 741 and 740. Unfortunately, didn't help.

Could you please advise, how to correct this error ?

Thanks and regards,

Sudarsan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

same problem here. I found a bunch of misleading errormessages.

DEVTRACE.LOG:

*** ERROR => NiHLGetNodeAddr: NiPGetHostByName failed (rc=-1) [nixxhl.cpp   284]

Thu Oct 22 10:32:34 2015

*** ERROR => NiHLGetHostName: NiPGetHostByAddr failed (rc=-1) [nixxhl.cpp   503]

*** WARNING => DpNetCheck: NiAddrToHost(1.0.0.0) took 4 seconds

***LOG GZZ=> 1 possible network problems detected - check tracefile and adjust the DNS settings [dpxxtool2.c  5088]

==> what tries SUM to do here?

Nslookup works fine, additionally is the network information mentioned in the hosts file.

STARTSSC.LOG:

1EETQ399 SYSTEM MANAGER: START of mandatory instance 02 on server vm-sappal00 has failed

2EETQ399 Starting shadow instance failed

1EETQ399 Last error code set is: Shadow instance couldn't be started, check 'STARTSSC.LOG' and 'DEVTRACE.LOG': RFC login to system PAL ashost vm-sappal00 nr 02 gwhost vm-sappal00 gwservice sapgw02 failed with code 2 key RFC_LOGON_FAILURE: Select one of the installed languages

==> I can logon to the already running shadow instance (which was started by SUM without any problem) via the RFC connection SUM generated. However, I must choose 'de' as logon language, 'en' doesn't work.

What's wrong here?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sdarsan

1.  On your shadow instance DDIC user id locked or not? you can login using SAP* user id.

2. Could you share full log file file as attachment?

BR

SS

sudarsancnaraya
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

DDIC is not locked in shadow, I am able to login using ddic.

I have attached the dev_w0 of shadow kernel and DEVTRACE.LOG, STARTSSC.LOG from SUM\abap\log with this reply. Please advise if you need any other log files for your analysis.

Thanks and regards,

SUdarsan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudarsan ,

We are having same problem . Could you please advices us how did you fix your issue .

It would be very helpful to us . Will appreciate your feedback

Thanks in advance .

Regards,

Mahendran.K