Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTPs Fetching Data Manually But Not From Process Chain

sagar_sheokand
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have 1 SPO, divided into 4 Infocubes. These infocubes fetch data from a Write-Optimized DSO daily at different times through a process chain. Now, we get 'No more data available' message (screenshot below) for all 4 cubes through the chain. But as soon as we run the same DTP manually, we get records through it.

Also one important piece of information - The source DSO also fetches data within the same chain from some other DSO through a DTP. This DTP fetches data successfully but stops the chain after that - I mean the process stops and we have to manually finish it by FM - RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH to move it to the next step.

This is a high priority production case. Let me know if more details are required.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prakashsingh14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sagar

Please check the DTP setting. Is it pulling data from active table or change log.

sagar_sheokand
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

It's from active table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pl check if the same DTP which you use using manually is used in the process chain ?

Thanks.

sagar_sheokand
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jugal,

Yes the DTPs are correct for sure. Has been checked multiple times by whole team and by the client itself.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the process monitor ( request details) for the error from Process chain. In the request pl goto the header tab. In the selection you should see the request ID getting selected ( even if it is a full load with out any selection). Please check if the request number matches  ?

Thanks.

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the DTP log of the request that got zero records. In the header tab of the DTP log, you can see the filter selections.

If this is a delta load, there would be request IDs mentioned in the filter selections. Compare that with the request IDs in the source DSO's manage screens. These are the numerical request IDs, so they will be in the first few columns of the manage screen,not at the end.

sagar_sheokand
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

It's a full load. I'm going to follow the steps that you told, but sorry, I didn't get what to look for?

I mean what can I make out of those IDs? Could you please elaborate on this.

Thanks.

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Jugal already answered the question you posed to me.

Basically a delta DTP picks up data from the source DSO request-by-request. The request ID mentioned in the filter in the DTP monitor header tells you which reqs were picked up from the source DSO by that DTP request.

By comparing these we can identify the requests in the DSO and then analyze further.

Regards,

Suhas

sagar_sheokand
Participant
0 Kudos

Jugal and Suhas,

I checked the request IDs in 'Selections' as you both told.

The request ID - 3155524, in above picture - is the one that is present in source DSO and this is the one I want to fetch data from. Above picture is from the DTP that is run manually and is working perfectly.

But problem is, this is what I get if the DTP is run from process chain:

See, 0 records, nothing is selected. And as soon as DTP finishes from process chain (with 0 records) I run it manually and it fetches records like it should.

Also, one more thing. Things are getting completely random - I mean sometimes DTPs fetch data from the process chain while some times they don't. We are unable to find a pattern related to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your error stack (even if all your requests are green) ? . If there are any records try to process them / clear them.

sagar_sheokand
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, errors are present in error stack. I will check in tomorrow's load that if errors come even if no record is added.

former_member182878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Was this flow working fine earlier through process chain ?

If it was working fine then there shouldn't be any problem while processing in back ground.

Could you also please check whether there were any transports done recently.

BR,

Prakash K

sagar_sheokand
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Yes, this flow was working fine. I don't remember how and when exactly we started facing this issue. But yes, client has done an upgrade to 7.4 and numerous cut-over activities.

But still what could be the cause? Even if it is upgrade related I should be able to direct the business into some direction that issue is due to this particular reason.

Thanks.