cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create not possible for table BC_SYNCLOG (System Copy Error)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are doing a OS DB migration from Windows + Max DB to Linux (Suse) + ASE (16.0) of a JAVA based NW system (7.02). For export , import, we are using JMIGMON as well (activate via environmental variable). Now while doing IMPORT during IMPORT JAVA DUMP step , it's throwing following error :

Found following details in sapinst_dev.log & jload.logs :

Found one similar solution for this issue in 2049813 note :

Resolution

1. Download the ojdbc.14.jar file attached in the SAP Note 1713616;
  2. Temporary put the replacement ojdbc.14.jar file up in the class path. Using the commad described in Symptom section, the directory would be /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/lib/tools. Always check the command in which the error occurred to get the correct location;
  3. Run SWPM tool once again choosing "Run with old option" or choose "Retry" if SWPM is running;
  4. In the end of the installation, remove the temporary ojdbc14.jar file from class path directory.

Even though I have downloaded the file and kept it in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/lib/tools & given full authorization, but still I am getting same error . I tried to put this additional .jar file in java classpath by giving following command and then tried to reexecute SWPM, but didn’t get any positive response :

Command used : export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:”/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/ojdbc14.jar”

Could you please suggest how to solve this issue ?

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nilutpal Sharmah,

Please, note that the SAP KBA #2049813 cannot be used for your issue.
As described in document's section Environment, the document only applied for Oracle database and the table with error is different.

Environment

• System Copy of Systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0x with JAVA stack;
  • Database Oracle;
  • Operating System Independent.

Therefore, please undo all changed you did by following the SAP KBA #2049813, as this is not for your environment.

In order to understand and investigate why you are facing this issue, please upload the following files:

- sapinst_dev.log

- control.xml

- summary.html

- keydb.xml

- all jload.* log files

- all jmigmon* log files

You must use the advanced editor to upload the files.

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

SAP Active Global Support

-------------------------------------

#2081285 - How to enter good search terms to an SAP search?

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2081285

Software Provisioning Manager Troubleshooting documents:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62646

Find us:

https://www.facebook.com/SapProductSupport

https://twitter.com/SAPSupportHelp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Henrique,

Required log files are there in trailing message. Please unzip the directory for better view.

Requesting you to suggest for suitable solution , so that we can use JMIGMON & perform the migration.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nilutpal,

I already tried to check the log files you attached before, however they were not properly working, since I was not able to check the files (I believe there was an issue during the compression). This is why I asked you again the log files.

Please, undo all the changed you did after following SAP KBA #2049813, reproduce the issue once again and provide the fresh log files for my analsyis.

- sapinst_dev.log

- control.xml

- summary.html

- keydb.xml

- all jload.* log files

- all jmigmon* log files

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please find the attached logs .

Kindly rename it from .txt to .zip & then unzip it .

Regards,

Nilutpal,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nilutpal,

Thank you for fresh the log files.

SAP KBA 1927163 will not be effective in your case. It is for a different issue and it is only for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 (Additionally, I am the author of this KBA).

Regarding the error, as I noticed, this is the issue you are currently facing:

jmigmon.console.log

E R R O R ******* (DbTableModificationAnalyser dev 30.07.2013 13:00:00)

11:51:30 2015-09-05 dbs-Error:   Stack trace: com.sap.dictionary.database.dbs.JddRuntimeException: Action CREATE not possible for table BC_SYNCLOG. Table exists in database with different structure. 

primary keyaction = DROPorigin = PrimaryKey =

TableName             : BC_SYNCLOG

null

nullColumnname = TIMESTMP

isDescending:false

Columnname = VMID

isDescending:false

target = null

The reason for this issue is the Java Data Dictionary (JDD) creates automatically BC_SYNCLOG whenever called. The System Copy Import tries to first create the table without indices, then load the data and last create the indices. Since the table is already created and we call JDD to create it without indices, it fails (JDD has to drop an index otherwise).

As the table already exists on database and it is empty, you can simply comment the line containing "BC_SYNCLOG" in the IMPORT_METADATA.XML file. After that, retry the SWPM tool to continue the import.

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update !!

We have actually completed the migration with JLOAD (without activating JMIGMON). Now we are in phase of perfoming test migration of production system. We will try this option in case it comes up.

Thank you very much to you all for your valuable inputs. Eventhough I am closing this thread for now, but I will update the status of PRD migration very soon.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nilutpal

Could you check this SAP Note 1647977 - System Copy: Action CREATE not possible for table BC_SYNCLOG

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed 1647977 note and deployed latest CORETOOLS SCA even though NW version is more than NW 702 SP8, but no luck.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal

Could you share the full log as attachment

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Sorry for late reply !!

Could you please provide your e_mail ID , so that I can send the logs in ZIP file ?

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal

You can attach those logs in this message with zip format. its not require in personal communications.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the attached file.

As it's only allowing  .asc, .txt, .text, .xml, .xsl, .gif, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .jpe, .ics file, so I have renamed .zip file to .txt . Kindly rename it and check the logs.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal.

Thanks for share the log file, Could you check this SAP Note for the error message

"dbs-Error  Table BC_SYNCLOG could not be analysed" in Jload.trc file

1647977 - System Copy: Action CREATE not possible for table BC_SYNCLOG

Refer the SAP note  942766 - Jload troubleshooting

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have deactivated JMIGMON via JAVA_MIGMON_ENABLED=false environmental variable while taking export & import and hence completed the migration without jmigmon . As JLOAD takes comparatively more time as compared with JMIGMON , so we still want to go with earlier option .

I have followed 1647977 note and deployed latest CORETOOLS SCA even though NW version is more than NW 702 SP8, but no luck.

Regards,

Nilutpal.