Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot getting created in Planning Plant

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello QM Experts,

I am working on a cross plant planning scenario in which my Planning plant and production plant is different.

E.g My Planning Plant is A and Production plant is B.

When i am confirming the Process order of material the inspection lot is created in Plant A instead of plant B.

My requirement is that the inspection lot should be created in Plant B and after doing stock posting from quality,the material should be shown in plant A.

How can i achieve this?? Please help

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I think you can try below setup:

1. You can extend the MIC's form Plant A to the inspection plan, linked to the inspection lot.

2. Extend material's QM View in Plant B with inspection type 04

3. Receive GR form process order in Plant B. An inspection lot will be created in Plant B.

4. Perform RR + UD. After UD, the unrestricted stock should be posted to Plant B, good storage location.

5. Perform material movement transfer posting Plant to Plant, one step MB1B/MvT 301. Please check the link: 301 movement type.... | SCN

If there is any better response to fix your business case, please go ahead with that.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit.

Thanx for your prompt reply,

All the MIC's and QM view is maintained in Plant B only and i have tried to not maintain QM view while extending the material in Planning plant A.

In this case the Stock is directly posting into unrestricted in Plant A,I want that inspection lot should be created in Plant B and after doing UD the stock should be posted  to Plant A.

Is there any other way to achieve this??

Regards,

Amit

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which plant is witnessing the GR? If it is Plant A then inspection lot will get created in A or otherwise.

What is it when you say you have tried not to maintain QM view in Plant A? You either extend it or don't! And inspection lot stock in Plant B cannot be directly posted to Plant A. Arijit has suggested you the best and standard solution.

And if this solution doesn't meet your scenario, you may want to look into the special procurement key 40 in MRP of the material.

You should refer this link  Stock Transfer from Plant to Plant - Special Planning Processes - SAP Library

NJ

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to above 2 responses,

1. Stock transfer does not mean to cover only Quality Inspections. Several other factors are also involved here.
  2. For example, if the 2 plants belong to different company codes then instead of direct stock transfer, STO comes in to picture. And depending on country laws taxation is also involved in such transfers.
  3. The reason of telling this is - you should get in touch with your other colleagues from MM, PP and SD as well to decide business process for this.
  4. As far as QM is concerned, Nitin said it correctly. The inspection lot will be generated only in that plant where the GR is done. So you should carry out GR in Plant B if you want inspection activities to be carried out in B.
  5. And later from B plant, you can transfer to any other plant you want as per the step that you finalize in step 3.

Anand

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

In my case, I have already used Special procurement key = 80 for material in Plant A so that the requirement will pass to Production Plant B.

The GR for material is done in Plant B itself and after  doing GR the inspection lot is created in plant A, which should not be created.

My requirement is After doing GR in plant B ,the inspection lot should be created in plant B only and after doing UD, stock should be posted to Plant A.

Is there any configuration missing??

Regards,

Amit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit, Could you please add something to below queries?

1. Your are saying that inspection lot is generated in Plant A.
  2. But the QM view is not activated in Plant A. Hence there is no any inspection type that has ever been assigned to this material in A. - Is this statement correct?
  3. Or at the time of order creation the inspection type was active (in Plant A) and later (before GR) it was removed?
  4. Where the stock shows in MMBE transaction after GR? In QI or Unrestricted? And in which Plant?
  5. If you are getting the inspection lot in Plant A, what is the status of that lot? Does it allow any transfer posting using QA32?

Anand

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

1. Yes, Inspection lot is created in Plant A.

2. Yes, there is no QM view assigned for material in Plant A.

3. No, the order is created in Plant B only.

4. It is showing in Plant A,If QM View is not selected the stock is posted to unrestricted and if QM view is selected  in plant A the stock will be Shown in QI in plant A.

5. The status is 'CRTD CHCR SPRQ' and it is allowing to do UD in Plant A.

Actually, I am  a PP consultant and business has requirement that the delivery of the material should be done from planning plant (A) and it should be produced in production plant(B) ,the client wants that all QM related process should be done in Plant (B) and after that when UD will be done Stock should be posted to Plant A.

Is there anything i am missing??

Regards,

Amit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I've to simulate the case using different planning plant and production plant! I'm not PP expert but when I click on F1 in Planning plant in COR1 or CO01 it says it is the plant in which, after order execution, the goods receipt takes place for the material produced.

One thing I'm sure about at the moment is, without inspection type activation system will never create any inspection lot in any plant. Secondly I notice that you have posted the GR in Plant A and that is why you get the stock in Plant A and not in Plant B. This sounds logical. If you want stock in B first then you should do GR in B. Might be there must be something in PP module configuration for this.

It's the second and important question for us for further investigation is how system generated the inspection lot even if you didn't assign any inspection type there? Using UD transaction in QM you can not post the stock directly to any other plant in standard.

Anand

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Thanx a lot for your help.

I will check from PP side if there is something i have missed.

Regards,

Amit

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I read the whole discussion again and I think I can now conclude that there might be some missing links. Pl don't mind but I think you're either missing some important QM info to share or you're just interpreting the matter in wrong way. This might happen since you belong to PP

Anyway, You need to understand and then analyse on following,

1. Without extending the QM view & not activating the inspection type and later in the absence of any movement, automatic inspection lot can never be created. So you must recheck all the process and transactions for the inspection lot in Plant A. If the lot is there, then prerequisites are/were also there.
  2. One you're done with above point, make sure you are looking into correct inspection lot. Use 'Order' in the layout of QA32/33 and see if you are referring to correct combination of inspection lot and order. There might be chances that inspection lot is not associated with the relevant order number.
  3. Inspection lot with CRTD cannot be accessed. How do you manage the UD screen for this lot? A snapshot of such inspection lot would be helpful. Pl share one.

And what is the inspection lot number ? What is the origin?? It should be 04 only.

Once you ensure everything is streamlined, real problem and the solution can easily be found

NJ

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

I have done the whole process again, and sorry i have done mistake earlier.

The GR for the Process order is witnessing in Plant A and so that the process is correct as per told by experts here.

But now i have to check how can i do GR in Plant B as we are working on cross plant planning, better way to do i think will post in PP forum.

Thanx a lot everyone for help ...!!

Regards,

Amit

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So all your issues related to generation of inspection lot and QI stock is resolved and only left with GR in different plant. Yes, you may post this as separate query in PP forum to get quick results or wait here to get further comments.

In both cases, original issue of this thread seems resolved and hence, closure of this thread is expected, Pl close this thread before you leave so that other users may refer it properly in future.

NJ

Answers (0)