Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Inspection lot getting created in Planning Plant

Hello QM Experts,

I am working on a cross plant planning scenario in which my Planning plant and production plant is different.

E.g My Planning Plant is A and Production plant is B.

When i am confirming the Process order of material the inspection lot is created in Plant A instead of plant B.

My requirement is that the inspection lot should be created in Plant B and after doing stock posting from quality,the material should be shown in plant A.

How can i achieve this?? Please help

Regards,

Amit

replied

Well, I've to simulate the case using different planning plant and production plant! I'm not PP expert but when I click on F1 in Planning plant in COR1 or CO01 it says it is the plant in which, after order execution, the goods receipt takes place for the material produced.

One thing I'm sure about at the moment is, without inspection type activation system will never create any inspection lot in any plant. Secondly I notice that you have posted the GR in Plant A and that is why you get the stock in Plant A and not in Plant B. This sounds logical. If you want stock in B first then you should do GR in B. Might be there must be something in PP module configuration for this.

It's the second and important question for us for further investigation is how system generated the inspection lot even if you didn't assign any inspection type there? Using UD transaction in QM you can not post the stock directly to any other plant in standard.

Anand

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question