Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving fields between different 'screen' with Personas 3.0

pierosilve
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my customer asks me to customize VA01 transaction (Sales Order Creation) in this way: we have to move some fields visible in Header Data screen (under shipping tab) to the Overview screen.

I think that these are two different screens and dynpro.

Checking with object inspector of Personas I can see that the field I have to move has this iD:

wnd[0]/usr/tabsTAXI_TABSTRIP*/tabpT\02/ssubSUBSCREEN_BODY:SAPMV45A:4302/cmbVBAK-VSBED

and a field in the destination screen (overview screen) where I have to put the field has this ID:

wnd[0]/usr/subSUBSCREEN_HEADER:SAPMV45A:4021/txtVBKD-BSTKD

So what I understand is that these are two different screens and maybe dynpro. Is it correct?

Do you think that is possible to move this field?

Thanks and Regards

Piero

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Yes, those are two different screens.

You cannot simply move objects between screens in drag-and-drop style. You'd have to use custom fields and scripting to do what you want to achieve.

So in the screen where the field should be moved to, you'd have to create a custom field and take care of populating this field using a script. Similarly, if this is an input field, then you'd have to enter the value from your custom field into the standard field on the other screen via a script. Depending on the field itself, this may be possible or it may also become quite problematic, if there is validation logic behind this field in the transaction.

There should be no problem with doing this if it is a display field that you want to "move".