cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xsodata, $metadata, semantic label, Date field type string

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement to show Date Picker when the field value is a date. This works when the field type is Edm.DateTime. Picker is not showing for the date fields type Edm.String. As you know we have different date field types like CHAR8, DATS, DEC(8), TIMESTAMP in SAP and when we build models on Standard Tables and create calculated columns to do type cast.

I tried maintaining semantic type but not able to get field property in $metadata.

Date as String

<Property Name="PlannedDlyDate" Type="Edm.String" MaxLength="8" sap:label="Planned Delivery Date" sap:aggregation-role="dimension"/>

Date as DateTime

<Property Name="CA_ACTUAL_START_DATE" Type="Edm.DateTime" sap:display-format="Date" sap:label="Actual Start Date & Time" sap:aggregation-role="dimension"/>

Is there any simple way of identifying the field semantics?

We are on S4HANA SPS09 version 1.00.097.00.1434028111

Thank you,

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I'm still looking for the solution for the semantic metadata. appreciate if any body can help me with the solution.

Best Regards,

Srini Maddineni

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As I stated earlier from the online help, not all the features of OData4SAP are supported by XSODATA yet.

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a way to satisfy my requirement? Our aim is to show calendar control when the user try to enter the value.

Thanks,

Srini.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

OData Service Definition Language Syntax - SAP HANA Developer Guide for SAP HANA Studio - SAP Librar...

NoteSupport for OData annotations is currently under development; not all annotations are supported by SAP HANA XS. For more information about the SAP-specific metadata annotations that become available with the

enable OData4SAP

statement in an .xsodata file, see the Related Links below.

I do not believe that sap:display-format is one of the annotations supported by XSODATA.

0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas. All my xsodata files are already enabled for OData4SAP. Otherwise I will not get the sap:label=

I'm trying to find, When I maintain Semantics for a field, that information is not being exposed as $metadata.