cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File is not picking at sender side file adapter(FTP) as there is a blank line at the end of the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am sending one EDI file(in the form of string) from third party FTP to ECC(Proxy)  and now my issue is file is not picking at sender side ftp as there is one blank line at the end of the file. If I am deleting the blank line of that file, file is getting picked up and processing successfully to ECC but client is saying that they put the files in ftp with one blank line at the end of the file. So please let me know how to make to pick the file up by ftp with one blank line at the end of the file.

Thanks in advance,

Venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

I do not think file content (empty line) is the issue. I think, when source program is placing the file, it is placing with restricted access. When you edit it (remove last line), it is saved with proper access.

Please check file properties (it should be 666 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system_permissions). Check PI user has permission to edit/delete the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Raghu,

I see the file is showing the readonly property while placing with empty line but when I am editing that file, it is giving full access. Can you please let me know how can we get out of the sitution. your help will be mostly appreciated.

Thanks,

Venu

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

The program should place the file with required access.

Did you check with the client side/program which is placing the file?

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Please ask your server team to give full access (read/write) to the account with which PI system is trying to pull the file.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Got out of the issue now.. Thank you much.

Regards,

Venu