Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_AAE error

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

I am trying to configure File to IDOC scenario and using IDOC_AAE adapter on th ereceiver adapter. I am getting error as below,

Connection factory name for channel <channel name> is null.

I have made following configurations,

1. XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_<system ID of PI system>

2. Receiver communication channel - Added the same parameter XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_<system ID of PI system> in RFC client parameters.

On ECC side,

1. Created the RFC communication channel having the same parameter XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_<system ID of PI system> in program ID

2. Also provided the Gateway Host and Service details.

Note: Here connectivity test is observed as Successful.

Please guide me what is the cause of the error.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Please check configuration steps are completed. Follow steps from the below link:

http://scn.sap.com/people/william.li/blog/2011/05/04/configuring-pi-730-java-idoc-adapter

Regards,

Nikhil Bose

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

This is a program error in PI7.31.

Try the below work around -

1. try to refresh cache

2. Load metadata

3. start n stop channel

4. create new idoc channel

BR,

Rashmi Joshi

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses.

As I am using Manual as RFC client parameters in IDOC_AAE configuration, I am getting following error in receiver communication channel,

The configuration for Sender/Receiver Partner Number/Port is incorrect. Enter proper values in Sender/Receiver component.

Can you please let me know how can I correct the same.

Also to let you know that I have disabled the EDI_DC40 segment. Please let me know is it mandatory to pass values in the same as well?

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

You need to define the "Adapter-Specific Identifier" in Business Components as below for your SAP ECC sysstem:

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh for the good document link.

I was earlier trying to use Default(Recommended option) which requires to do configuration in NWA as well. To make things simpler to start with I have now changed it to Manual whereall the details needs to be passed in IDOC_AAE reciver channel but I am still getting the same error.

@T Fdo - PI version I am using is PI 7.31.

Regards,

Abhi

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisek,

You can go with the default option only  and mention RFC Name.

Note this RFC has to be created in NWA by basis/PI team .

If this is already created then you have a ping option in NWA try pinging the RFC which you have mentioned in communication channel from NWA and see if it is giving the same error.

Br,

Manoj

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the connection type that you have configured in the channel ? (Default/Manual/ from NWA) ?

Validate your configuration against the below document based on your configuration.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5050119d-9c47-3110-eab0-d90ebd211...

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

What is the version of your PI system?

If you have the version 7.31 and obove you can check in Channel independent log and NWA logs..

What is mentioned in those options?