cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material handling for storage DG

0 Kudos

Hello,

Where can I find a configuration guide to be able to customize and/or program mentioned case.

For my customer we have several dangerous goods for which it's not allowed to store them together. This can be solved by creating the storage views for different store locations, that's easy.

But it's also required that some dangerous goods can be put together for an maximum of material. for example material A is stored in location 1 for an amount of 10 KG. Now we want to put material B also in that store, We have received 50 KG of material B, and now we want the system to tell us that the maximum is 30 KG of material B that can be stored together with material A. and the other 20KG can be stored in another location.

How can we fix this in a proper way.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kees,

In your case as mentioned by CB, if you have EWM or WM that will solves your problem. IN EWM or WM, it can able to tell you that strorage location has Material B storage upto 30 KG and also provide waring that it wont take any more material A, as its hazardous and give enough reason(as per config).

--

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kees

Dangerous Goods topics are normally not taken into account in "storing" materials. The "issue" is: you need first to define: which regulation you would like to "check"; e.g. ADR, IATA etc.

the "storing" together is related to different "hazardous" aspects (quite long story)

But for "hazardous goods" some solution is possible. BUt here other criterias are used, The "most" common method is using eWM.If you do not use eWM but WM: there is only one "old" method in place which is "outdated" and "only" supported by SAP because of "history"; this is not developped nay more. In most cases here the "amount" topic is ignored; you need to define "somethere" the amount of material A to be stored in storage location; and the may be together wiht material C etc. => for this there is no standard solution available (according to my knowledge).

the eWM topic is discussed here rarely.

Some threads which might be of interest:

Your topic is discussed onquite low level. In most cases discussion is not taking into account "amount" of material, but physical properties., I am not aware of any kind of "standard" solution to get a solution. Only if you have SAP ERP EnhPack 3 in place and activated the relevaant business function you can use the "flexible" chekc in eWM (and eWM only !!).

C.B.

PS: may be check: