Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data flow from JD Edwards to APO Demand Planning

ritam_nandy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have got a requirement to have the Demand Planning (only) to be carried out in the APO system from the JD Edwards. The business has been using the JDE instead of the SAP ECC.

Now in order to have the master data (one time as well as need to consider the delta) flow from the JDE to APO for Demand Planning, we are not sure whether to have SAP BW system or directly have it flown to the APO (using the BW part of SCM system). Could anyone please share own experience in any of such scenario?

One advantage of using it through the SAP BW system in our landscape would be to have the required work done already in case the business later on switches from JDE to ECC in future - we already have the ECC->BW->APO flow for rest of the countries. Could you please share of any other generic pros/cons of the two cases?

Also, how do we go about the data transfer part? Do we have to have any Middleware and use BAPI to have data in the application server? Would be very much obliged in case someone shares some experience here.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ritam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use APO-BW to get master /transactional data to DP module. For releasing the demand to JD SAP DP will need Product master, to ignore that you can do the modification in code such that it skips the validation of Product master.

Regards,

Anil

ritam_nandy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Anil. So, regarding the release part from APO DP to JDE, do you mean that we maintain master data in APO and carry out a typical DP to SNP release, in order to have the Forecasts for the corresponding master data and finally have this data to JDE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My approach -

1) Extract master data /transactional data from legacy to APO-BW. You create CVC from this and upload the historical data into DP. I will not take legacy-BW-APOBW path as it will be time consuming so shortcut is legacy-APOBW-DP-

2) Generate forecast

3) Extract Forecast from DP to legacy again ( sorry in my last post I mentioned Product master as I thought release is for ECC).

Regards,

Anil

ritam_nandy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Okay, got it. Did you experience any such scenario of transferring Forecast data from APO DP to some legacy system - how the mapping was done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to get in touch with techincal guy of legacy and PI consultant.

Regards,

Anil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritam,

There are couple choices you have.

1. JDE -> BW -> APO-BW -> APO DP

2. JDE -> APO-BW -> APO-DP

My suggestion option#1 as it offers advantage incase JDE is replaced by ECC.  Interfaces between BW and APO-BW remains mostly unchanged. So change would be only limited to updating/creating data flow between ECC- BW only. This option will also be consistent with data flow followed by other countries.   This option also permits more opportunities for data transformation logic.

There are data extractors in BW which can be used to extract master and transactional data.  Please consult your BW colleague for the same.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare