cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpost of note 2094571 - DMS: Provide linked documents to business objects via GOS

SMaes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been implementing various DMS improvements and I was wandering what the purpose or process is achieved by implementing note 2094571 (provide linked documents to business objects via GOS).

As far as I understand this note, it would result in a similar approach of handling DMS linked documents to an object.

So, I think, with this note it would (also) be possible to see all the linked documents (linked via GOS and DMS) in one screen, either from the GOS screen or from the DMS object link screen.

I've implemented this note (and the related ones, of course ), but I cannot see the linked GOS documents in the DMS object link screen, nor can I see the DMS docs in the attachment list in GOS.

I guess, my expectations of this note differ from the purpose .

Could anyone therefor explain the purpose of this note?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Sander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Yes you are right both features are same, But there are few advantages in SAP DMS. But we can suggest client as per requirement but we need to maintain consistency.

GOS attachments:

1.Attached document can be seen from any transaction at header level.

2. Documents can be stored in content repository after implementation of notes / settings. (Basically this will be stored in R3 Server).

3. No std report to find document.

DMS Attachments:

1.Stored can be at header and line item level.

2. We can enter "2"in config and can go to transaction from the current screen CV01N and create document with description and other details.

3. Std report to find document and also features to find text search.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

SMaes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nayeem,

Thanks for your answer.

However, I know the various differences between storing documents in DMS and storing documents in the GOS solutions (direct attachment and Business Documents (=Archive Link)).

But I was wandering, if there are any process changes in the system after implementing note 2094571. As mentioned, my expectation was that I could see the DMS docs from the GOS attachment list or, at least, call the DMS linked documents screen (function CV140_LINKS_SCREEN'). from the GOS attachement list.

But I tested different scenarios, but I could not see any changes in the system in functionality.

So, if you or anyone else has an idea what the goal/purpose is of this note, I'm very interested.

Kind regards,

Sander