cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical System Name Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have 2 business systems for pre-production and production systems, 1 for each. The Logical system names happens to be same for both of these. Due to limitations of the client PI landscape the same PI production system needs to connect to both the pre-production and production systems, one system at a time. (Effectively there are 4 servers in landscape for the business applications whereas only 2 servers in the PI landscape.)

That is, for the testing through the pre-production landscape, I had connected PI system to the pre-production server. Consequently, I created the Tehcnical System and a Business System for the pre-production server in the PI SLD. Now, that I have to make my interfaces point to the production systems, I have created the Technical System and Business System for the production server in the same PI SLD. I have made the development Business System point to the production Business System as the transport target now.

However, when I import the Development Business System into the ID for the production PI system I get an error on the logical system name which is shared by the pre-production and production system.

Since, my client does not need the pre-production servers any more, I tried to remove the technical system and the business system from the SLD of my production PI server, but to no avail. Please note, the SLDs for both the dev and production PI servers are different and independent.

Can you advise, what can I do to get around this error?

Regards,

Diptee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Diptee,

Try these..

>Clear 'SLD Cache' in the Integration Builder / Directory.

>Make sure that the 'Logical System' name is reflected correctly in the Business System.

If not, update the same.

> do a full cache refresh

regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I realized that the activation of my change list for deleting the PRP BS had not been successfully completed, as some of the objects referring to it were still in ID. I removed all of those and the BS for PRP, and the issue is now resolved.

Regards,

Diptee