cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of Popup window - URL for Help Topic iview property

0 Kudos

Hi All,

The popup window that opens when 'Help' option is clicked from page's tray is quite small. Is it possible to increase the size of this popup window? There's no direct property on the iview to change this.

Please see attached images.

Thanks,

Rajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

If anybody's interested in the solution for this, there's none.

SAP has confirmed that the size of this help popup is in fact hardcoded, as I found out, and cannot be configured.

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajit,

Though the size is hardcoded in the code, for customization purpuoses the code could be changed by customers.

The code is WorkArea.js method workArea.Help the window.open contains the relevant parameters to open the window with.

BR,

Nadav.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

Popups unless stated otherwise are in the size the OS decides to open them, since like you said there is no place to adjust the size for the help url iview you will need to change it in the template for URL iview.

Check under the templates folder in your portal and change the window features for the URL template, this will affect all URL iViews who did not define height and width.

BR,

Saar

0 Kudos

Thanks Saar. Found code in javascript that has width and height hardcoded for the popup window.

Raised an incident with SAP. May be they'll be able to help if this can be changed somehow.

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not an SAP bug and I gave you the explanation how to fix this which is the same answer you will probably get from the Portal developers.

BR,

Saar

0 Kudos

Hello Saar,

I agree it's not a bug. And the issue is not with URL iView so looking at the templates doesn't help. All iviews have almost similar properties, and there isn't a property that controls the popup size, because the popup in this case isn't created by the iview.

It's the way the content area opens a popup to display a help url. And as I found out, the size is hardcoded in one of the scripts. So the OS isn't deciding the size in this case.

Thanks,

Rajit

0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

You are wrong, there is a property to control the size of the popup, that's my point.

window features property on the iView is allowing you to pass in the properties that will eventually call window.open.

window.open looks like this:

window.open("url", "title", "width=200, height=100");

in the iView properties there is the property window features:

value needs to be: "width=1600, height=1200"