cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Publish DesignStudio Content to SAP NetWeaver Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to publish DesignStudio (version 1.5) content to our SAP NetWeaver Portal, but cannot do this successfully.

Option 1 : URL iView

Result:

• Internet Explorer (IE11) : new window opens (as expected), then javascript error message appears:

Debugging from that step yields the following additional information

• Chrome : 1st time I click on the iview, I get a generic BO error message "An error has occurred: Could not find the document."

2nd time I click on the link, it opens perfectly

Almost like it is not doing SSO properly the first time round

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 2 : DesignStudio Template

• Deploy the necessary content, and restart the Portal
  • Create a new iview, this time from DesignStudio template
  • Enter the technical name of the DesignStudio object
    • I can only select Design Studio objects that have been saved to SAP NetWeaver (=SAP BW). Cannot select Design Studio content that has been saved to BO Platform

Result:

• IE : iview opens, in new window, but onClick() event does not fire for button. I assume there is some additional uploads into SAP BW I need to perform
  • Chrome : same result. Design Studio opens, but no event fired on clicking the button

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what am I doing wrong ?

I'd prefer to publish the Design Studio content to BO Platform, as that allows us to consume in SAP BO Mobile in the future, but then I'm limited to URL iview / OpenDocument, which doesn't seem to be working

If I have to go the DesignStudio template route, then I need to figure out all the additional files that have to be uploaded to the BW server. Plus, transports are much harder to apply in the SAP BW space, than they are in the BO space, so would prefer not to go down this route.

Any assistance ?

Regards,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Stefan_Backhaus
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andrew,

I think your are coming across a known problem. Please check attached notes.

You probably need to wait for DS1.5 SP1 Patch 1. Do not use 1.5 SP1 as it breaks your SSO to BW, if you use it.

Please check this notes. Especially the first one.

2186334 - Design Studio Application does not work Embedded in an
IFRAME

2077647 - Design Studio - SAP Portal Integration / Iview
Configuration

2218808 - Data access errors when running analysis applications on
BI platform DS 1.5 SP01

Best regards

Stefan