cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS AFS QM view

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can any one help to understand when maintaining the QM view of material master for AFS industry , Should we need maintain the AFS QM view as well apart from maintaining the GEN QM view.

What is the purpose of AFS QM view how it help the QM processes.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

I have not worked in AFS industry solution yet, hence can't comment anything in particular. To help you further I was also searching for some clues about AFS QM in Google (you might have tried checking for some clues) and I think there are some content about it. For your information, here are some additional links/discussions [the important one is already suggested by Natalia] for your checking:

EWM in AFS: http://scn.sap.com/community/extended-warehouse-management/blog/2014/07/14/sap-ewm-for-fashion-the-n...

Enhancements & New Features in AFS: Enhancement and new features available in AFS 6... | SCN

Difference between Retail and AFS: difference between Retail and SAP AFS? | SCN

Batch assignment in prod Ord for SAP AFS: http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2014/04/14/batch-assignment-in-production-ord...

Error in Stock Posting: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1971902

UD Reversal related: SAP Note 175842 to AFS industry solution | SCN

UD Error: Error while making UD for AFS material | SCN

If you are already working in AFS QM, it will be really great if you can share a white paper with your findings, including the key steps, key master-data setup, key process setup, etc then many of us will be benefited out of this new learning.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

I found this informtion that seems relevant to you:

Enabling Quality Management - SAP Apparel and Footwear (SAP AFS) - SAP Library

Regards,

Natália

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a general comment, anytime you mention an acronym like AFS, spell out what it means in the first reference to it.  I.e. it helps greatly if you were to change "...material master for AFS industry.."  to to "...material master for Apparel & Footwear Solution (AFS)...". After that, use AFS all you want in the discussion.  If you create a new discussion,you should do that same.

Many here may not otherwise know what you are talking about.  AFS isn't the most well-known solution.  I suggest all others do as well.

That said, I can't help you a heck of lot as I haven't worked with the AFS.  But I believe if I remember correctly, I THINK it takes advantage of the distributed warehouse functionality and I wouldn't be surprised if the AFS QM view works with specific components of the warehouse.  I.e. inspection/stock control at the warehouse levels and not plant levels.

But I'm totally guessing here as I've never seen the AFS QM view yet!  So I could be totally 100% wrong.  But I'm trying to get some discussion going here for you!! 

It would be great if you could post a screen shot of the AFS QM view.  I'm sure it would be very enlightening to many of the people here and greatly appreciated.  We might get a clue from it too.

Craig